Problems with LEDs lighting up...

• Hi,

I am another one who has been following a YouTuber who gave a list of gear and seeming easy directions...and after 3 days of searching, and looking at tons of threads, I am lost, I can only get SO far.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

I did order all this stuff over a year and 1/2 ago, I did try to get it setup at one time and life got in the way, everything got put back in a box and it's been sitting (LEDS on the back of the TV), till about 2 weeks ago when I started thinking about doing this again. I want to get this running now..

The devices I have.
    - Raspberry Pi 3 B
    - Arduino Uno R3
    - 5V – 10A Power Supply
    - 64gb MicroSD card.
    - WS2812B LEDS 256 of them going around a 65" 4k TV. There is a 4 LED gap on where the stand is.

So, In a NUT shell.. I have tested what I can. I have the Grabber working, I can see the image in Hyperion. I have been watching logs like CRAZY. I know the UNO is on the right Output (I confirmed one by one by watching the logs as I changed them). The video source is a 2nd HDMI out of a Denon AVR.

Maybe it's me but, by following the logs it appear it SHOULD be working but, on startup, the Uno shows 2 red lights on but, I see one quick green when it's turned on (if I catch it) and the LEDS on the TV all blink 2 times. That is all she wrote. Nothing else happens. The Uno from this part forward would only have the 2 red lights on it, the TX light no longer goes.. Could the Uno be possably bad ?

Tonight, I nuked the SD in the PI, reimaged it(with the same one used in the youtube video) and started over with no change. I did use my HyperCon config but, I didn't see an issue with it.

The Codi build on this is from 2016, it's completely outdated and can't even be updated through the menu in it and none of the programs there even work or do anything. If this all works I was just going to leave for Ambilight controller and abandon Codi.. (anyone got a build with Gaming Emulation it ? :whistle: ). Seems like a big waste of a 64gb MicroSD card...

Here is all my configs....

HyperCon logs

hyperion.config

Arduino Code (from here)
    https://github.com/hyperion-pr…firmware/arduino/adalight

If you are wondering how it's connected. See this post, as I followed the same thing and it's to the T...
    https://hyperion-project.org/t…n-arduino-raspberry.3561/

ONLY differences, My UNO uses USB, not the printer type cable, and I only ran VIDEO, not audio (as it's not needed).

Sorry for the long post, wanted to give EVERY possible detail I can. IF I am missing anything, PLEASE let me know. I know a lot of this is not perfectly set but, as soon as the LEDs are working, I am planning to go back and tweak everything.

Thank you for your time and I hope I can actually use this soon :)

-Dave

• Offizieller Beitrag

you use the old hyperion(classic) is there a reason why you dont use the new hyperion.ng(next generation)?

• you use the old hyperion(classic) is there a reason why you dont use the new hyperion.ng(next generation)?

I'll give that a shot this morning. Is there any reason why the classic won't work ?

Edit: Tried to install on Windows so I can remotely control the LEDS and I cant even get it connected or see an option

Is there any issues with what i am using to do what I want to do ? I really don't want to do anything with the lights besides using them for Ambilights to enhance my gaming and movie watching.

• Edit: After a lot of back and forth I found something interesting. I as I un-plugged the UNO(to re-flash a setting change), I tried to restart Hyperion and it would not error out and it looked like it was sending as normal. Normally when I would connect to the wrong USB device it would give a clear error in the logs that it can't connect item on tty(etc).

So, after seeing this, Wrong USB port ? WTF ? So I did a "dmesg | grep "tty" command via Putty (thank you google), and I watched things as I disconnected them and re-connected them. After seeing it showed up, it was on the wrong USB device, changed it and everything lit up.

I was kind of expecting the TX green light to blink when it was getting data, this never happened, and now that it's working, it still doesn't.

It's resolved now, I did get it work but, I wanted to post HOW I figured out what is wrong and HOW I fixed it.

I need tweak it, it's kind of really bright, and the colors are off a little but, I'll get to that one in a bit...
    [SIZE=14px][COLOR=rgb(3, 3, 3)][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!