Moving from Hyperion to Hyperion.ng

• Hello,

I'm having some issues after updating to Hyperion.ng and would appreciate some advices. At first I was able to light on my leds using Hyperion, but not use my video grabber. Switching to Hyperion.ng I'm now able to use my video grabber, but the leds won't light anymore, i might have forgotten something in the new configuration file.

My config :
    Clean install of raspios buster lite on a RPi Zero
    WS2812b Leds with DATA connected to the GPIO 12 on the Pi and a 5v 10a power supply

Here you can also find my two config files, old and new one.

Thanks in advance for any help,
    Kevin

• Sure. Here is a log when launching it in debug :

Or when trying to set a new color for example :

• Offizieller Beitrag

2020-09-07T06:34:23.210 hyperiond LEDDEVICE : <ERROR> Device disabled, device 'ws281x' signals error: 'Failed to open. Error message: mmap() failed'

Try running hyperiond as root.

• Here is my log with sudo :

The error in the log seems to be gone but I still can't turn my leds on, when i set a color nothing happens.

I'm noticing that with sudo it's probably not picking my config file :
    2020-09-07T16:25:10.303 hyperiond LEDDEVICE : <DEBUG> LedDevice.cpp:133:init() | deviceConfig: [{"colorOrder":"rgb","currentLedCount":26,"hardwareLedCount":1,"latchTime":0,"output":"/dev/null","rewriteTime":0,"type":"file"}]

Should be what I had without sudo if I'm correct :
    2020-09-07T06:34:23.185 hyperiond LEDDEVICE : <DEBUG> LedDevice.cpp:133:init( ) | deviceConfig: [{"colorOrder":"grb","currentLedCount":170,"dma":5,"gpio":18," hardwareLedCount":170,"invert":false,"latchTime":0,"leds":256,"pwmchannel":0,"re writeTime":1000,"rgbw":false,"type":"ws281x","whiteAlgorithm":"subtract_minimum" }]

• Offizieller Beitrag

"I'm noticing that with sudo it's probably not picking my config file"

Correct. hyperion does look for the config database under the user's home-directory and as you switched users....

Options you have:
    1. Just start under root and reconfigure via the Web-UI
    2. Copy the config DB from the previous user to the root home-directory
    3. Start as the standard user export the configuration, start under root import the configuration

If you just want to see, if it is working under root, you might want to start with 1.

• So... I fell on a different topic, showcasing a similar config I had there : https://wiki.hyperion-project.…w-spi-setup-100-us.10379/
    Basically a RPi Zero and a video Grabber with WS2812b LEDs, but instead of using the GPIO 12 (PWM0) like I did it is using GPIO 10 (SPI0 MOSI) and changing the config from ws281x to ws2812spi.
    I soldered to the different pin (added a 100 Ohm resistor like mentioned in the post) and it is now working. Even though my setup was fine on first version of Hyperion, I guess it's probably the way to go with Hyperion.ng.

Not exactly what I expected but this issue is now solved :) Thanks for your time and help.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!