Y&H ezcap269 flickering/black and white screen

• Hey,
    around 6 months ago, i got myself the y&h ezcap269 from amazon and had that one plugged into my rpi 4 2gb. The setup worked out of the box with hyperion ng alpha 7
    I left the rpi and y&h plugged on for the last ~5 months (without using ambilight - rebuilt the strips with ws2815)

Now that i got the setup running again, im noticing some errors (all visible in the live preview):
    - Short black screens (flickering)
    - Small freezes of the picture
    - Sometimes a black and white imagine noise picture

What could be the cause for all of those errors? I tried hooking up a 120mm to cool my passive heatsinks ( which was quite hot)
    The grabber was also slightly hot, but even after it all cooled down i got those errors. The status (showing if the pi ever throttled or so) is 0x0, so no throttling or anything..

Any ideas what might cause this and how i could fix that issue?

• i would test the grabber at a pc/laptop, may it is damaged

After an restart (sudo service hyperion restart) and letting the grabber cooldown/unplug it for a while, the problem doesnt persist and the ambilight works perfectly... it looks like this starts to creep in after some uptime...

I think i need to do some sort of remote control for starting/stopping hyperion

• i would test the grabber at a pc/laptop, may it is damaged

Hi, so i just tried the grabber on my laptop, i see the same errors as on the rpi. Also i noticed that my led is blinking red/orange.

Oh sh*t i just found the problem... my HDCP stripper is the source for all the problems..
    Do i need an DHCP Stripper for the ezcap 269?
    Apparently no - i can watch Netflix in 4k

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!