LED Strip help

• I have the SK6812 RGBNW and after connecting them to pin 19 - GPIO 10 (https://pinout.xyz/pinout/spi) it seems to be working fine, but I have couple of issues:

• first led is always the same colour and is not changing with the rest
    • the config is a bit flaky and sometimes I need to switch to a different LED chip and back to make it work (I use ws2812spi)
    • in case of RPi3 and RPi4 I think you need a level shifter 3.3v to 5v - in my case it was blinking like crazy and was not useful
    • even with a level shifter, I have occasional blinking of the LEDs that I do not know what might be a reason for (maybe my soldering, but I doubt it)

This was tested on version alpha 8 & 9 so should not be a software issue.

Could you already fix your issues and how?
    I'm looking for a new LED strip and want to know if this strip is good enough.

• Could you already fix your issues and how?
    I'm looking for a new LED strip and want to know if this strip is good enough.

I finally went for a different solution using esp8266 solution as I have a camera as a grabber, but then I experimented with SK6812 and RPi4 setup my problem was that I was using that level shifter. Without it, all seems to be working fine. All LEDs are changing colour. The only problem that I had was that sometimes when playing with a config I needed to switch off the led device in the Hyperion settings to force its re-initialization. After doing it it was all fine.

• The issue might be in the fact that your power supply's voltage and current rating are not compatible with your LED strip. I've been in this situation before, and it was very unpleasant, especially since I wasted 30 dollars on some lights I couldn't even use. Another problem could be that the LEDs themselves have lost their brightness. Their production usually causes that. That's why it's essential to make sure that you buy quality LED stripes that don't cause this kind of trouble.

• The issue might be in the fact that your power supply's voltage and current rating are not compatible with your LED strip. I've been in this situation before, and it was very unpleasant, especially since I wasted 30 dollars on some lights I couldn't even use. Another problem could be that the LEDs themselves have lost their brightness. Their production usually causes that. That's why it's essential to make sure that you buy quality LED stripes that don't cause this kind of trouble. I know for a fact that ukled.co.uk sells some great ones. I hope that everything will work out well!

• The issue might be in the fact that your power supply's voltage and current rating are not compatible with your LED strip

Ture! Try with diffrent PSU. I have simular setup to your with no shifer - works like a charm.

In fact my SK6812RGBW is driven by GPIO 18 (RPI PWM ws281x)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!