Problem getting ambilight to work

• The clip connectors are usually a problem,do you use the clip connector in the corners?
    It is best if you solder everything. If you have a multimeter, check how many volts there are at different points.

Regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• The clip connectors are usually a problem,do you use the clip connector in the corners?
    It is best if you solder everything. If you have a multimeter, check how many volts there are at different points.

Regards pclin

Hi, I have solderd everything including the corners. I just checked multiple points on all four sides and get about 5.2-5.3V everywere

• OK 5.2-5.3V is too much and could lead to your problems.
    Can you adjust 4,9 or 5 V, your power supply has a potentiometer?

Regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    -

Ambilight for ever

• Try to set it to 5V anyway, then the LED will last longer.

Regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

-

FireTV 4K max

-
    -

Ambilight for ever

• 6.840 DMIPS is not very much, you quickly reach your limits.

With my Dreambox ONE/TWO 53.000 DMIPS I get 5 (2650 DMIPS) to 35% (18550 DMIPS) CPU depending on the settings, instances, LED.

Regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

-

FireTV 4K max

-
    -

Ambilight for ever

• Pi zero is too slow to handle this or what ?

Cpu could handle it perhaps. 270 is a lot ...maybe there is a chance to control them with Rpi zero without hyperion with grabber...timing control for WS2812B is tricky for multitasking system on Rpi (all models). Not without reason most use arduino for that purpose.

• Okay, next issue. So the Pi and LED's are working and I can control them using my browser. All the tests work.
    But I can't get the grabber to work, I got the HDMI to USB video grabber in the mail today and connected it but there is no signal. When I check the browser in the top right at the LED Visualisation I cant see the image I'm supposed to see.

I connected: Pi GPI0-18 to LED data, Xiaomi mi box hdmi to HDMI splitter in, splitter out 1 to tv and splitter out 2 to HDMI grabber, HDMI grabber in USB and connected to the Pi. And ofcourse power to all the items which need power.

Nb. in the USB capture settings I have everything set to automatic and the rest to 1 pixel (the default settings). The platform capture is turned off and the USB capture has priority capture 100

• Quick question Soundcrusher:
    Do you have a way to image and upload your copy of the sd-card? I'm having problems myself, and would love to try running a known working setup.

For the HDMI grabber problem, I've wasted cash on 2x USB to HDMI (both have a microscilin chip) and 2x HDMI splitters, where only one splitter works, and while both USB dongles are detected, they don't show any video. At least the live view does not show what is on screen.
    Having said that, I have now wasted even more cash on these two, a UTV007 USB to HDMI and a Y & H capture card. Both have been stated to be "100% working with hyperion" so since I "wasted" money on the ones that *maybe* don't work, we'll see if when the new parts arrive maybe those work. One for 4K is on the backburner as I don't own a 4K TV yet, but if anyone is interested, THIS ONE should again "100% work with Hyperion". Most of, if not all info has come from Dr.Zzz on youtube and his comment section.

I will try your setting as well just to see if something you have running makes my stuff running. Hopefully we can get the leds working. Trying to build a full frame for people to 3D print, get and cut some cheap planks to hang on the back of any TV.
    Most of all I'm trying to get this all to work before Christmas as I'm building one for my mother.

• It works! I have got an other hdmi grabber and it recognises it perfectly. Had to set the resolution to 800x600 because of lag but nog it's fine! I used this one: https://nl.aliexpress.com/item…269583.0.0.498579f7kjaNAu

Quick question Soundcrusher:
    Do you have a way to image and upload your copy of the sd-card? I'm having problems myself, and would love to try running a known working setup.

I have no idea how to do that lol, I'm sorry. I just followed the steps of dr. Zzz exactly and got some info from the comment section under that video. What is the problem you have?

• It works! I have got an other hdmi grabber and it recognises it perfectly. Had to set the resolution to 800x600 because of lag but nog it's fine! I used this one: https://nl.aliexpress.com/item…269583.0.0.498579f7kjaNAu

Ooh, pretty :D I'll add that to my list of items for when I get a 4K upgrade. Thx.

I have no idea how to do that lol, I'm sorry. I just followed the steps of dr. Zzz exactly and got some info from the comment section under that video. What is the problem you have?

My problem is that all three of the PiZero's I bought for this will not send data to the lights. I've been trying to follow Dr.Zzz's video too, but I had to do way to much addons for it to run Hyperion. That's why I was wondering if you could dump the SD card you have working so I could try that image to see if that fixes my "no lights worko" problem.
    If you follow THIS GUIDE you should be able to create a "image/img" file of your SD card, then I'll send you a link to a GoogleDrive folder you can upload it to.

• sorry to bust in this thread, but been there done that > create a image and burn it onto new SD card, i've tried that several times even with the exact same SD card and cloning my card to the new one. Didn't work with cloning/burning program, so good luck with that and i mean that ;)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!