LED layout modified manually but don't be saved

• Hello,

I'm using Hyperbian with 2.0.0-alpha.8, tv mounted to the wall, 1st LED left-bottom, clockwise.

I need to configure two gaps on the bottom left and right because of the speakers.
    First I configured a gap (13 LEDs) and moved it to the bottom right.
    Now i used "Generated/Current LED Configuration" and delete the last 13 LEDs so i get the bottom left gap.
    Preview looks perfect, save.

But if i click through the menu and then go back to LED layout the second gap is gone.

Any idea? Am I doing anything wrong or is it a bug?

• you can do picture two, databus of the led's is only going in one direction and needs a end.
    Thatswhy the first led and last led instance is really important for the Json file.

you cant make a second led instance like this at picture one, the software thinks now you made a mistake because it "sees" two strips and will reunite them together. You can't cut out leds that are there physically, the reason is that the chips are linked in the strip and can't hop or skip led positions.
    Find another sollution. :)

• The gap isn't usefull for your purpose, it's only for layout and the way your tv is formed.
    You have to alter the led strip position if your tv is a different form.

So you have 2 settings.
    The beginning of the led strip physical and in the software,
    And the gap that you CAN use in case of your ledstrip isn't long enough to cover the whole spread, thatswhy it's there.

How you want to build it is not possible with this ledstrip and program.
    The only way you can do it I think is to cut loose the ledstrip in 1 corner (not the black beginning of the strip! But at let's say 75% at the end of the strip ) only cut on cut marks! , then make a cable connection to where you want your ledstrip to be ( on bottom ) and then end it at the end of that little strip.
    Then configure your json file and CUTOUT the leds that now resemble the cable that you made.

That's possible I think but you have to do it.
    Good luck :)

• Oh, no no no, there is a misunderstanding.
    My lightstrip is physically left 36 (cut) top 60 (cut) right 36 (cut) bottom 34.
    Each part got its own power. To prevent a too long lightstrip and the last leds are darker.
    The clock- and dataline are soldered through. So my lightstrip starts left-bottom and goes clockwise until bottom-left just before the left speaker.
    Physically there are gaps, counting for clock/data there is no gap.
    My problem is i need to tell hyperion that on the bottom it needs to calculate for 60 leds. Otherwise it wont be the correct color to the leds.
    Example: the picture on the tv screen would be 1/3 green, 1/3 red and 1/3 green. If i tell hyperion on the bottom i have 34 leds it would divide
    the picture in 34 parts and i would have green, red, green on my short led stripe on the bottom.
    But hyperion needs to divide it by 60 (cut left and right 13 leds) so my little stripe shows nearly only red.

The gaps i need is only for the software. I don't need hyperion to jump over some physical leds.
    I hope you understand what i want to say.

The pictures on my 1st post are not photoshoped. Hyperion can do this. I used the gap for the right speaker and edit manually the last 13 leds for the left speaker. And you can see in the picture that this is possible but it wont be saved correctly.

I did this already with classic since years. Hyperion can do this.

Pi Zero, Fushicai, ldp8806, 1NT für alles, Hyperbian

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Schicksal ()

• At the moment i run my setting like it is my second picture. Gap on the right, left no gap (but no physical leds)
    It is running fine but do i get any problems with software leds without physical leds?
    [MEDIA=googledrive]1OmOBNBVT66jV3gKeAUetLntvHUG7Mlsg[/MEDIA]

PS: colors are good calibrated but not on cam.

Pi Zero, Fushicai, ldp8806, 1NT für alles, Hyperbian

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Schicksal ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Maybe I do not get it...

Are you running:

a) One LED instance (for left, top, right, button) - everything solder through
    b) Two (left, top, right) + Bottom

• Offizieller Beitrag

Copy the following layout in the text field and you get

The "brute-force" / "creativity" method is to just define left,top,right and bottom separately and join them via the text field.

• Same issue.
    Copy and paste. Looks good, save.
    Some clicking in the menu, go back to LED layout and the bottom left is filled with LEDs (like the second picture i posted).

• I don't know if you have solved the issue by now, but I've been having a fight with this for a few hours as well so just in case..

What you want to do is perfectly possible, just not using the controls in the web UI. You can however take out individual LEDs in the JSON config. When you press preview, you can see that that works.

I've found that when you press show preview, it will show the correct preview in your browser. However: it will also change the JSON data to match that is in the form, and that is what gets saved when you press save afterwards.

The solution is to *not* click show preview, but just click save. Then it works fine. Clicking the preview button ruins your custom setup.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!