Best way to configure signal detection area

• Hi !!
    I have a question about signal detection.
    What is the best way to configure the detection area ?
    Currently my grabber displays this when there is no signal.
    So I've set the detection area to Vmin:0.9 Vmax:0.98 Hmin:0.9 Hmax:0.98

It works great but if I watch a movie and the bottom right part is black for more than 4 seconds, Leds switch off.
    Should I set the detection area to reflect the most possible that black bar on the left ?
    I try to avoid as much possible the Leds to switch off when I watch a movie.

Thx

• Hey.
    I have a similar grabber output on no signal.

Zitat

Should I set the detection area to reflect the most possible that black bar on the left ?

I decided to detect the green bar in the center rather than the black at the edge for this reason, likelihood of false detection in in dark scenes.
    I also set VMin 0 and Vmax 1, which, if I understand it correctly, sets the detection area to the full height of the screen rather than just the bottom as in your case, which should further prevent false detection.
    Attached below are screenshots of my settings for comparison. You may need to play around wth the horizontal HMin and Hmax values to get it to line up correectly for your grabber.
    Goodlucknow

• The positioning is difficult to get right without a visual guide. One thing you could try is set up a dummy hyperion instance with a single LED. You can then experiment with the positioning of that LED and see it in the preview/visualization window. Once you have it positioned correctly you can copy those values over to the signal detection settings and delete the instance.

• Well, I'm starting to believe there is a problem with the signal detection...
    I've tried with your values, no luck.
    I've tried with the 1 led trick to get the correct coordinates, no luck.
    I've also tried on the blue bar, the red bar and the green bar, no luck !!!
    The only thing that works is to detect the black bar...
    Of course I've also tried to play with thresholds on the different bars (red, green or blue) and that made no difference at all.

• Strange. I'm afraid I can't be of any more help, those are just the settings that worked for me with a bit of experimentation after having searched the forums.
    In fact I think you're already on the thread that got me started with the settings.
    Hope you get it figured out.

• I have one more suggestion, although I may be barking up the wrong tree...
    If I set my green signal threshold to anything below 100%, it no longer works correctly. Same if I increase the red or blue to even 1%.
    If you look at the logs after setting the thresholds, it reads like (INFO) Signal threshold set to: {0, 255, 0}, [COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]which reads like an RGB value right?
    In the screenshot you posted, your rainbow image looks ever so slightly paler or a slightly different shade to mine.
    Perhaps using a colour picker tool or similar to find the exact rgb value of one of the bars, be it green or one of the others, and then figure that out as percentages for your threshold values.
    I can't claim to know exactly how the signal detection works, so I'm just guessing here...[/COLOR]

• I think the blurriness is down to the 'size decimation' capture setting, which shouldn't affect this anyhow.
    But yeah they they do look a lot closer in colour in the second shot. I assume that is also from the hyperion visualizer and not a direct screengrab? I only ask in case maybe there's the chance what is reaching hyperion is slightly different in colour. But as I said, it was a wild guess anyway...

• I think the blurriness is down to the 'size decimation' capture setting, which shouldn't affect this anyhow.
    But yeah they they do look a lot closer in colour in the second shot. I assume that is also from the hyperion visualizer and not a direct screengrab? I only ask in case maybe there's the chance what is reaching hyperion is slightly different in colour. But as I said, it was a wild guess anyway...

Yes that's a shot from the visualizer.

• I have a similar problem. I have applied the same settings, which also worked at first moment, however, I rejoiced too soon. I'll try to describe the problem.
    As soon as I put my Apple TV in standby mode, the LEDs light up in the picture already shown above. If I then change the setting in the USB Capture, I manage, with the above numbers, that the LEDs go off. However, when I start the Apple TV and put it back into sleep mode, the LEDs light up again.

The same is strangely with the visualization. When the LEDs are on, even though the apple tv is in standby, and I start the visualization from Hyperion, the LEDs strangely go off. However, if I let the visualization run, i.e. start it already when the apple tv is on and then put it in standby, the visualization shows as described above.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!