HDR Solution

• Hi,

Despite I've been reading all of you and learning as much as possible, I've never posted so this is my first time!

I bought 2 years ago an ambilight system in Aliexpress. It has a rasp, hd capture and arduino (wifi led strip controller). The system works perfect BUT when I activated HDR flickering or wrong colors appeared. Trying to find a solution is how I met this forum. Finally I've found a cheap solution (70€) which is much less than a HDFury.

I have bought a splitter called S104 from Xolorspace. The thing is that if you connect the ps4 as input in HDR and the TV and the capture as output it sends HDR everywhere so the system is not working. The only way to downscale from HDR to nonHDR is having a HDR input and only 1 nonHDR output. According tothis, now I run my ambilight system with 2 splitters. The first one has HDR input and as output the TV + S104 splitter. Then on the S104 I only connect the HD capture from the ambilight. Now everything works perfecr! I can display the ps4 HDR content and enjoy it with the ambilight.

I hope that it helps to the ones trying to find a cheap solution. Thank you very much for your efforts on working with this amazing solution!

• So the Xolorspace strips the HDR metadata? This works the same as the HDfury? I am looking for a solution like this.

• To be honest I don't know exactly how it works but yes, it converts the HDR signal to nonHDR but only when you have 1 signal in and 1 signal out (that's why I have both splitters). I needn't to adjust anything on hyperion.

For example in the PS4 when you are in the menus, the picture is 4K only. Then you when you enter into a HDR game, the feature is autimatically activated. When this happens the signal goes out during 1-2s and then it comes back working perfect. If needed I can try to upload a video to show how it works.

• To be honest I don't know exactly how it works but yes, it converts the HDR signal to nonHDR but only when you have 1 signal in and 1 signal out (that's why I have both splitters). I needn't to adjust anything on hyperion.

For example in the PS4 when you are in the menus, the picture is 4K only. Then you when you enter into a HDR game, the feature is autimatically activated. When this happens the signal goes out during 1-2s and then it comes back working perfect. If needed I can try to upload a video to show how it works.

Ok thanks for the information, I may order one.
    The current problem I have is the colours on the ambilight leds turn green when I HDR activated, when its off it works perfect.
    I hope this will solve the issue?

• Ok thanks for the information, I may order one.
    The current problem I have is the colours on the ambilight leds turn green when I HDR activated, when its off it works perfect.
    I hope this will solve the issue?

Yes, I had the same issue. Sometimes the leds were blinking and other ones they were showing wrong colors (green).

• Yes, I had the same issue. Sometimes the leds were blinking and other ones they were showing wrong colors (green).

I ordered one, and I THINK it is working, but my picture is really bad in hyperion so the colours aren't great.
    Does you live image look like this?

I am using HDMI to RGB rather than the USB hdmi device. I may need to get one of them and not use the RGS converter

• My screen also looks very low res on hyperion (not as much as yours) but for the ambilight is enough because it makes an average of colors in a certain area.

Just check if your ambilight is showing the right colors otherwise you can change the capture parameters (pal to ntsc or viceversa)

• Hello, Vassilli,
    i am also currently looking for a solution for 4k HDR with 60Hz and stumbled across this post. Your solution seems to be exactly what I was looking for!
    Would you be so kind and give me a complete list of your hardware? I would then copy your setup and make sure I buy something that really works.
    I would be very grateful for that!
    Many thanks in advance!
    Best regards

• Can u do a diagram of how each is connected I have the same splitter and capture as yourself so the only other item I need is the xolorspace but Id like to see exactly how it's all connected

• Zitat @Jake Ladley

Zitat

I am using HDMI to RGB rather than the USB hdmi device. I may need to get one of them and not use the RGS converter

An inexpensive and good solution is an HDMI / USB grabber with a Macrosilicon chip. LINK

The HD capture that is used here is a UTVF007, and is not recommended.

With only one Splitter FeinTech VSP01201 and WisFox Videoaufnahmekarte Videograbber Aufnehmen Übertragungen (4K Input) 4K HDR HDCP2.2 works fine with HyperHDR from @Awawa git
    CEC and ARC does not work with it, there are other splitters for that.

Regards pclin

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• Your timing looks way off not sure if it's what u recorded think its way to jumpy to tell but ur colours definitely look delayed

• @Davy For lag testing on HDR content here you have one:

and grabber is set to much higher resolution then in samples from this post without any decimation. And yes, resolution does matter for the quality.

[MEDIA=streamable]wyspuy[/MEDIA]
    and grabber is set to much higher resolution then in samples from this post without any decimation. And yes, resolution does matter for the quality.

Thats perfect it's exactly on time it could of just been the images on screen he used my eyes were fried

[MEDIA=streamable]wyspuy[/MEDIA]

This looks great!
    What USB grabber do I need to buy? So this is including HDR?
    I looked at your thread, and I don't want to use a windows build. I am running everything on a raspberry pi and have my xbox running through a HDMI splitter/down scaler.
    The solution works that @Vassilli recommended with the second Xolorspace splitter as this strips the HDR content, but i am currently converting HDMI to RGB then into a RGB usb capture card but the quality is really low.
    I bought a USB grabber today, and tried it but there is a lag between the video and LEDs, so I am sending this back.

I just need a good USB HDMI grabber, and maybe i can skip buying the second Xolorspace splitter if your software supports HDR?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!