Flickering issue and other beginner questions

• I've seen a few guides and videos of getting hyperion working on rpi but none using libreelec so I had some questions about which hardware to use.

I'm using the rpi4 with Libreelec and planned to install the hyperion software right on the libreelec os to just use when playing videos on kodi.

Doing it this way I think I'll only need the following:
    - Rpi4
    - Led strip ws2812B - using 220 leds for my tv
    - power supply 5V 15A 75W

I don't need anything else right, I assume the hyperion software running on libreelec will pick up the video output?

While I was waiting for led strip to arrive I went ahead and installed hyperion on the libreelec, but noticed everytime I watched a video on kodi the TV screen would flicker really bad. I've saw some posts with similar comments but never saw anyone post a resolution. Is this common issue on rpi4 that can be fixed or should I finish setting it up completely before trouble shooting that?

Also, if there is a guide that will answer these questions please just link that instead.

Thanks!

• Thanks NeeeB - that helped some what. I realized this morning my libreelec was out of date, so updating that resolved it..or at least seemed to.

Anyone have any input on the hardware I'll need? Will I need to use an arduino or can I just connect to pin 18 directly?
    Thanks

• thanks for that. that helped some. Question though, what controller type did you use in the settings? I tried ws2812SPI and ws281x but neither seemed to be right.

What I get now is when using ws281x on pin18 the led strip flashes colors randomly. Even when I do the RGB Byte Order Wizard I'm not getting red or green...it's still just the random rainbow that's flashing really fast.

Is there a setting I might have missed here?

• Yes yes thank you! I didn't have it grounded correctly. Colors are all working now.

Everything is setup, but I am getting a flashing or flickering of the LEDs about every 10-20 seconds. Is that another simple thing I overlooked?

Thanks

• Driving Leds from the SPI is a bit tricky and can sometimes lead to some flickering.
    It is always a matter of voltage, maybe it is a little bit too low on the SPI gpio and you need a level shifter.
    Or maybe you could replace the 330Ohm resistance with a 470.

Btw I chose the Arduino way, much more stable, no flickering at all, but more cables too ^^
    (I did try Wled with an ESP8266, that works really well, I will soon rewire my setup in order to reduce the number of cables).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!