HD107S leds

• I'm waiting for the HD108 RGBW with my 268 LED SK6812 RGBW, I'm very satisfied.

Regards pclin

How do you communicate with sk6812? I seriously consider them but 3-wire leds are problematic using directly from Rpi. The problem is not only LED count but also refresh rate. Old solution for analog era could be not enough. Even on the lowest FPS for grabber and 60leds/meter I could be forced to abandon smoothing. I was thinking to forward data from Rpi to Arduino(USB) or ESP8266 but the serial port is bottleneck for the first and latency could be a problem for second. Or to experiment with Olimex ESP32 or Tensy?

• Why not use an ESP8266 (a genuine Wemos D1 mini for example, to avoid flickering) with WLed ?
    That is what I use with my WS2812b and there is no latency (and less cables as a bonus ^^)

Previously I used an Arduino Uno and had no issue at all. (but 1 more cable ahah)

• There is a latency for Wifi communication. It's insufficient for many projects and that's not what I fought for every millisecond with HyperHDR to comply with that ;) But the device I mentioned Olimex ESP32 can communicate also over ethernet and run WLED (in alpha/beta... whatever stage). Tensy >= 3.2 has highspeed serial port.

OK, is this would work with USB->Serial communication and Adalight protocol on ESP8266 https://github.com/sticilface/Adalight-ESP8266? 2000000 baud should be enough. Only change for RGBW and rework a little for sk6812.

• If you find a way to make it work with an ESP32 too, I'd like to use that too.
    Because even if I can't see any latency with WLed, sometimes I get white flashes if my Wifi is saturated (or leds start to be out of sync and go crazy before syncing again).
    At least with Arduino it was very stable and reliable.

• I think it's possible and will start to implement it immediately for WS2801 as SK6812 will arrive next month.

One disturbing thing: even with highspeed serial port at 2 000 000 baud for 200 leds he've got only 100hz practically...
    And solutions with ambilight using 115 200 baud default USB serial port for Arduino? Maybe people can't notice it or they have less leds in the projects...

• I think it's possible and will start to implement it immediately for WS2801 as SK6812 will arrive next month.

One disturbing thing: even with highspeed serial port at 2 000 000 baud for 200 leds he've got only 100hz practically...
    And solutions with ambilight using 115 200 baud default USB serial port for Arduino? Maybe people can't notice it or they have less leds in the projects...

I've got 176 leds in my setup (stil on 42" TV, need some money to upgrade to 55" ahah).
    And when I was using an arduino, speed was set to 500000 in the sketch.
    With latch time set to 0ms, I didn't see any latency at all.

• OK, you used custom sketch. Default speed for all kind hardware Adalight adapters is 115200. And even with that sometimes there are troubles with Rpi UART configuration. Well, all is ahead of me :)

And my current config for 55" is 98 leds :unsure:

• Let's puts some tech stuff on WS2812b / SK6812 with connection with current Arduino sketch that is distributed along side Hyperion
    Using smoothing with continues output and down side limit removed.
    Saleae logic analyzer, just to see frames not to analyze their content.
    250 leds.

Lets try with 15Hz:

let's say it's OK, around 13Hz, but it's below default limit for smoothing for 2.0.0.8 and previous version.

now 25Hz:

not good, probably we hit the wall around 21Hz, still below minimum limit.

now 50Hz:

obviously we captured some out of sync moment, a little below 20Hz

now 100Hz

around 21Hz we met before.

1)
    Probably increasing serial port speed would bring little benefits as these popular AT processors are just too slow to handle both high speed serial port and LED library. WLED seems to be a better solution despite problems with Wifi stability and possible little lag due to wireless communication.
    But the best solution I will probably choose is using ESP8266 as high speed controller: USB serial port could go as high as 2Mb and the CPU is 10x faster than Arduino based on popular Atmel.

2)
    Using smoothing in that case is just delaying the output, no interpolation...

• How do you communicate with sk6812? I seriously consider them but 3-wire leds are problematic using directly from Rpi. The problem is not only LED count but also refresh rate. Old solution for analog era could be not enough. Even on the lowest FPS for grabber and 60leds/meter I could be forced to abandon smoothing. I was thinking to forward data from Rpi to Arduino(USB) or ESP8266 but the serial port is bottleneck for the first and latency could be a problem for second. Or to experiment with Olimex ESP32 or Tensy?

I used directly with the rpi with gpio21. Just need to find the correct color calibration. If I used substract minimum the White are yellow and if I disabled the warm color that fine for the White but the other colors are pale. I don't know how to fix it.

• I had a batch of hd107s and hd108 strips made in 60 and 144. only way i could get hd108 at a decent price and control how they were made. ive used what i need for my project so if anyone is interested check eb ay - apple_mommy. they are very nice quality

my set up is on a 65" and 632 LEDs lol. i used the prismatik fork previously with ws2812b strips but am still deciding on Awawa fork and WLED or stick with FASTLED.

any suggestions?

• Hello

Are the HD108 LED strips - 100% compatible with HYPERION? I don't want to order something from China and throw it away :(

I found a supplier who is selling the HD108 with 60 LED'S for $11.29/m

They are also selling HD107S

Please help

• I had a batch of hd107s and hd108 strips made in 60 and 144. only way i could get hd108 at a decent price and control how they were made. ive used what i need for my project so if anyone is interested check eb ay - apple_mommy. they are very nice quality

my set up is on a 65" and 632 LEDs lol. i used the prismatik fork previously with ws2812b strips but am still deciding on Awawa fork and WLED or stick with FASTLED.

any suggestions?

edit: eBay user swedespeed850

• Did anyone test this new type of leds with Hyperion? On paper there are perfect and because it's a new model there is a chance that Chinese didn't manage to make counterfeit clones of them (like APA102 where almost every APA102 sold on AliExpresses is in fact worse SK9822).

yes i have them, 60l/mtr and very nice whites. >> much better than APA102 which builds" the white colour from RGB.

supersmooth reaction and colours are out of this world.

i had to implement extra 5v power, they state you don't need extra power with 5 meters of strip..

well, i powered from begin middle and end. No middle power injected then white is turning yellowish in the middle of the strip..

and i have only 260 leds :) you run them with APA102 ledcontroller

i know this is and old thread, but is handy info for other forummers.

note: HD108 is not available in Aliexpress as a ledstrip 5050, only the led by itself..

• Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!