Can't connect to browser interface

• I am stumped. I have installed Hyperion.ng on Raspberry PI 3 several times, and I can ssh into it, but I can't connect to its browser interface at all! All browsers that i've used are supported. I've followed every step to the letter. I first tried on a Pi 3 and no web interface. I then installed Hyperion.ng on a raspberry Pi 4 and again, no web interface. I have no idea what is wrong. Can someone please help me get past this first hurdle?

• Hello Jeroen, I tried typing hyperiond into terminal on Putty and this is the error that I got.

[hyperiond MAIN] <ERROR> Hyperion Daemon aborted: std::bad_alloc
    [hyperiond MAIN] <ERROR> Hyperion aborted: std::bad_alloc
    Segmentation fault

The method that I used, which was Dr.zzzz's method on Youtube(

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    ), must have missed some steps. The first thing that I noticed was that putting my wifi info into the wpa_supplicant.conf file didn't automatically start the pi's wifi, so that I could ssh into it. I had to plug the pi up to a screen, so that I could use the sudo raspi-config to start wifi and get an ip address. I do remember that the first time that I installed Hyperion, using Dr. Zzzz's method, was on a pi 3 that later went bad due to a bad voltage regulator. At first I couldn't get the GUI on it either, but I found a thread somewhere about some different commands being sent during installation, that solved it and I was able to get the GUI going. Sadly, I can't remember where or how I found that thread.

• Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    this is from the dev's

i don't know that installation video method sorry man.

• Hello Jeroen, I tried typing hyperiond into terminal on Putty and this is the error that I got.

[hyperiond MAIN] <ERROR> Hyperion Daemon aborted: std::bad_alloc
    [hyperiond MAIN] <ERROR> Hyperion aborted: std::bad_alloc
    Segmentation fault

if the service isn't running then you don't need me/ can not help you further.
    but there's a lot who can :)

• There is another known issue with cache data between updates I have had. If you use Chrome use the incognito mode (or private browsing mode depending on your web browser app) so the cached data from the web access doesnt give you the 'running' error.

If your problem isn't closed^

• I have the exact same problem, however in my case it seems Hyperion is running (that's what my RPi reports when I execute the Hyperion command) but still I can't connect to the webpage interface.
    I've installed many different versions of Rpi OS (Full, Full with add-ons, Lite etc) and followed instructions as in DrZzs 's video to install also different version of Hyperion, but none seem to result in a accessible web interface.
    From what I understand so far there should be a config directory that holds the .json file which represents the webpage, but I can't seem to locate it. Can anyone give some pointers here?

By accident I stumpled upon an image which has already Hyperion installed (see here and this seems to be working pretty OK, but I'm completely clueless as to why my own installation seems to fail (without any indication of errors). From what I've been reading it seems a lot more people are struggling with this problem so any clues are highly appreciated.

BTW I'm quite a newbie when it comes to RPi, so please don't immediately shoot me for doing something stupid ;)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!