Hyperion NG works but not on reboot or cold start

• Hi all,

I have been using Hyperion Classic on a Intel HTPC for a fair while now without any issues.I checked the forum and saw that NG has progressed an awful lot - I am not a coder and a complete noob when it come to Linux but I am capable enough to have gotten Hyperion Classic installed and working :).

I now have NG working and all the leds operate etc and the ambilight effect in Librelec is great.

The issue I have is that if I power off the HTPC I get the RGB sequence but no rainbow effect or any ambilight within Kodi.

The server doesnt appear to be working as I cannot connect via phone app but if I use the web gui I can manually turn the leds on.

I am using APA102 Led's and the kit I originally had was a Lightberry kit that has been modded to have more led's so it uses an Arduino.

I have messed around adding various Hyperion Kodi add-ons and was wondering if these could be interfering with the system - all uninstalled now I must add.

Thanks

• Hi Jereon, thanks for the reply.

I have just tried turning off smoothing and done a reboot and also a cold boot. I still have to turn the leds on manually to get it to work.

• OK I have done some more researching and have attached the log file to this post.

I can see that the Arduino is recognized but then there appears to be a second instance of it where it says its been disabled. I don't know what to do next

(ERROR) Device disabled, device 'adalight' signals error: 'Invalid serial device name: [ttyACM0]!

• Offizieller Beitrag

The error indicates that your Arduino is not found under the name of "ttyACM0".

Give it a try with "auto" and see, if the device identifies itself.
    If yes, you will find in the log the name used:

Code
    2020-11-11T08:46:44.079 hyperiond LEDDEVICE    : <INFO> found serial device: ttyACM0

Note: Mine is under "ttyACM0", but you should see a different name.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The error indicates that your system does not provide any serial devices... or the device is busy

Code
    2020-11-11T08:31:49.324Z [hyperiond LEDDEVICE] (ERROR) Device disabled, device 'adalight' signals error: 'No serial device found automatically!'

Could you please post more details about your system.
    Copy/Paste the System Info from "about hyperion"

In addition, could you do a ls -la /dev/ttyp*

If you running on an rpi, do you have Bluetooth on?

• Sure here you go. This isn't on a Pi, its a Intel system I3-6320 - no bluetooth on this either

Hyperion Server:
    - Build: (HEAD detached at 08909b8a) (Paulchen-Panther-75963ca9/08909b8a-1600115237)
    - Build time: Sep 14 2020 20:32:45
    - Git Remote: https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.ng
    - Version: 2.0.0-alpha.8
    - UI Lang: auto (BrowserLang: en-US)
    - UI Access: expert
    - Avail Capt: v4l2,framebuffer,x11,xcb,qt

Hyperion Server OS:
    - Distribution: LibreELEC (official): 9.2.6
    - Arch: x86_64
    - Kernel: linux (5.1.16 (WS: 64))
    - Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:82.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/82.0

I just tried the command you asked me to input and it tells me - No such file or directory

• Offizieller Beitrag

Looks like you have two USB devices

crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 166, 0 Nov 11 13:09 /dev/ttyACM0
    crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 166, 1 Nov 11 13:19 /dev/ttyACM1

Have you tried configuring "/dev/ttyACM1" ?

Or could you execute the following commands? Does one come back with "Ada"?

cat /dev/ttyACM0

To stop press, ctrl-C

cat /dev/ttyACM1

To stop press, ctrl-C

dmesg | grep usb

dmesg | grep tty

Please share the output...

• I tried changing the setting to "/dev/ttyACM1" as you suggested and it made no difference.

Your suggestions though made me think about what else I had connected via USB, I have a

Flirc
    Logitech dongle for a K400r keyboard/mouse combo
    Pulse 8 CEC
    The USB lead from the Arduino

I disconnected everything except the Arduino and it works! I get the rainbow on reboot and the LEDs come on as they should. I added back in the USB devices one by one and kept checking by rebooting and it all worked until I added the Flirc.

I am happy to try what you have requested in your post above if it helps to diagnose the issue though? I expect you would like to know where the issue lies?

Thank you for all your help with this.

• I’m going to mark this as solved, for reference I am now using a nodemcu and I also have the flirc plugged back in and that is also functioning as it should. I don’t know if it was a conflict with the original lightberry arduino or not. I have looked on the flirc forum but haven’t found anyone else with the same issue.

I have to be honest the nodemcu is a great piece of kit! Seems ever so responsive and was an absolute doddle to setup. It even links to Philips hue.

Thanks to @Lord-Grey & @jeroen warmerdam for the help

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!