Raspberry Pi 1 Model B with HDMI to USB Video Capture Card

• Hi All,
    I've got Hyperion up and running on a Raspberry Pi Model B (old unit)
    and an GOODAN Audio Video Capture Cards Connected to a testing laptop.
    For power, I'm currently using a 5v 4 amp charger. (No LEDs have been connecting yet)
    I want to get confirmation that the video capture card is working but when I open Hyperion UI and click on the "Live Video" option I don't see anything in there.

Can you please help me figure this out?
    Thank You
    -Los

• Hi NeeeeB, Thanks for your reply!
    From the laptop I can project to another monitor via HDMI is that is what you are referring to? otherwise, I'm not sure of a screen-sharing setting from my laptop and it will be helpful if you can point it out.
    I forgot to mention that I used the same laptop + video capture and plugged it into my desktop. I was able to capture the video from the laptop using OBS Studio, so the card seems to be working OK in Windows 10 but this is what I get from Hyperion UI
    Attaching Device info.

• If you can use a projector with that HDMI output then the screen sharing option is enabled.
    You might wanna try and set Video standard to automatic and resolution to something smaller, like 720*480 for example.
    I suspect that your Pi is not powerful enough to display the preview at such a high resolution (1920*1080).
    I had that capture card too and even with a Pi3 live preview was buggy.
    I'm sorry but I can't help you further on this.
    Maybe someone else who reads this ?

• **Update**
    I was able to pull a video from the USB to HDMI video capture using FFmpeg utility but I still can't see the screen via the LED Visualization

Should I ignore the screen and go ahead and wire the LEDs at this point? or the fact that my video is not showing in the screen above indicates a possible issue in my setup?

• Solved!
    It looks like Hyperion did not like the source to be "automatic" under the USB Capture settings.
    Instead, it needed the correct Device path: /dev/video0 and now I can see the beautiful pixelated screen :)

Hope this helps someone in the future. Step 1 has been completed for me. now I'm ready to wire up those LEDs. Can't wait!

Thank You,
    -Los

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!