Flickering problem

• Hi,
    I’m a new user of Hyperion. I used a tutorial on youtube to setup an ambilight system using Hyperion and wled.
    I have some random led flickering problems when I watch a movie or a video.
    How can I solve?

My Hardware:
    RPI 3b running Hyperbian and receiving video input directly from my mac via HDMI (minidisplay port to HDMI cable)
    Nodemcu ESP8266 running wled
    Led strip WS2812b 60 leds/m (188 led total)
    5V 30A power supply, powering only the nodemcu and the led strip.

• use multiple ground points on the PI pins,
    ground the ledstrip/device/PI/powersource everything together.
    power al your devices ( if possible ) with the same PSU

make sure you have the correct settings in Hyperion for ledstrip type, and check grabber settings
    check your connections/cables/joints.

and test again

• Thanks for the answer. I have my ledstrip and my nodemcu behind the television. They're connected together (5V, data and ground) and two cables (red for 5V and black for ground) connect them to the powersupply on a shelf under the desk. It's about 2-3 meters of cable.
    The PI is powered indipendently.
    Do you think I can use a ground pin on the PI and to connect it to the com (ground) port on the PSU?

• Do you think I can use a ground pin on the PI and to connect it to the com (ground) port on the PSU?

yes ground as much together as possible on separate pins, also when you exceed the lenght of datalines> be sure that the cable is used has thick diameter or use special datacable like FTP for data and CLK lines.

Power your ledstrip at both sides, the beginning and the end needs 5 volts. This is important to even out power in your strip.
    check also interaction of signals on your strip, sometimes the datalines ( when not foiled/unprotected) pick up distortion which causes also flickering.
    Test also with short lines i would suggest.

• yes ground as much together as possible on separate pins, also when you exceed the lenght of datalines> be sure that the cable is used has thick diameter or use special datacable like FTP for data and CLK lines.

Power your ledstrip at both sides, the beginning and the end needs 5 volts. This is important to even out power in your strip.
    check also interaction of signals on your strip, sometimes the datalines ( when not foiled/unprotected) pick up distortion which causes also flickering.
    Test also with short lines i would suggest.

The data cable is very short, about 8cm because the nodemcu is really close to the ledstrip. I'm also powering both ends of the strip, the initial part with 5V, data and ground, the end with only 5V and GND.
    I'm about to test a connection between the gnd from strip + nodemcu to a gnd on the PI and the ground from the PSU to a gnd on the PI.
    If it doesn't work I'll test with short distances.

Thanks a lot for your help ;)

• The data cable is very short, about 8cm because the nodemcu is really close to the ledstrip. I'm also powering both ends of the strip, the initial part with 5V, data and ground, the end with only 5V and GND.
    I'm about to test a connection between the gnd from strip + nodemcu to a gnd on the PI and the ground from the PSU to a gnd on the PI.
    If it doesn't work I'll test with short distances.

Thanks a lot for your help ;)

yes okay man, and sometimes you need ( if i read the guys storys here) a resistor between the pin and data

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!