Some strange question

• Hello,

sorry for this questions that may be strange.
    I search on Forum but I haven't found a clear answer.

I use raspberry from years and now I wish to do Hyperion Led control.
    I will use 1.5 meter of apa102 led 30 led for meter
    I already own the some usb analog grabber and converters but some days ago I discover a youtube video very interesting from wich seems I can use cheper digital HDMI-usb grabber

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

On the video it is used also Arduino.
    I ask it is necessary to use arduino ? Raspberry can control directly clock without use Artduino ?
    The power supply to led strip will be supply directly from an external power supply .

I found also the following very interesting image

https://github.com/Hyperion-Project/HyperBian/releases

But i did not understand yet what will be the connection to APA102 if they can be direcrtly from raspberry to avoid arduino

Final question , to analyze only the video signal what type of raspberry it is suggested pi0 pi2 pi3 ?

My best regards, Giorgio.

• Yeah you can run them directly from the Pi https://pimylifeup.com/raspberry-pi-led-strip-apa102/

Hyperion has the RPi SPI settings for configuring it and would probably best using the PI3 as it has the better hardware spec than the others.

Trial and error on your grabbers until you find one that works or gives you the better viewing experience or you could look through the forums and get 1 that others have had good success with.

Good Luck

• Hello

Thank you, I'm evaluating the different possibilities.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!