howto install image from fresh onto PI and compile Hyperion package

• installing Hyperion.NG on Raspbian / Debian Buster and others

because i had to find out myself i wrote it down for others to use as a guideline :)

1. Download a image for RaspberryPI > Raspbian / Debian buster, whichever one you want online.
    2. Write this image to a clean SD card, do not format!
    3. slide it into your PI and boot it up onto the installation wizard
    4. make correct settings and enable VNC / SPI / SSH and other things, you can (also) do this in sudo raspi-config
    5. Write down the IP address of the PI, then reboot
    6. On your PI, go to https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.ng/releases and pick out a version that has this >> Hyperion-x.x.x-alpha.x-Linux-armv7hf-rpi.deb it can be a new or older version .deb package
    7. Download this and put it in your PI directory, eg home / pi / test folder
    8. Open your terminal on your PI via SSH-putty or via VNC program (VNC explanation will follow later)
    9. enter;

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get upgrade

sudo apt-get install git cmake build-essential qtbase5-dev libqt5serialport5-dev libqt5sql5-sqlite libqt5svg5-dev libqt5x11extras5-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev python3-dev libcec-dev libxcb-dev libqt5sql5-sqlite libqt5svg5-dev libqt5x11extras5-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev python3-dev libcec-dev libxcb-dev libqt5sql5-dev lcb-imagecb-util-lib0-dev shm0-dev libxcb-render0-dev libxcb-randr0-dev libxrandr-dev libxrender-dev libavahi-core-dev libavahi-compat-libdnssd-dev libjpeg-dev libturbojpeg0-dev libssl-dev zlib1g-dev

sudo apt-get install libraspberrypi-dev

run all this libraries and wait, you may not need them all but too much is ok :)

10. install the deb.file >> sudo dpkg -i /path/to/Hyperion-x.x.x-alpha.x-Linux-armv7hf-rpi.deb
    if your file is for example on home / pi / testmap then the code is: sudo dpkg -i /home/pi/testmap/Hyperion-x.x.x-alpha.x-Linux-armv7hf-rpi.deb
    if you have it installed it should work.
    11. Reboot system and Hyperion.NG should start automatically.
    12. go to your localip: 8090 and make your changes!

note; VNC server (on e.g. Raspbian buster full) is for remote desktop function, if you want to use it then you have to install VNC viewer on your pc and create an account> when you have done this and run the installation wizard you can edit your pi if it were brought to you as a second screen.
    so you can see your desktop of your Pi (if it has one) and do all the installation very easily. )

• Offizieller Beitrag

@jeroen warmerdam
    All the libraries you only need to install, when you are going to compile Hyperion yourself.
    If you just want to run it, you can install the package. Hyperion brings the libraries.

There were libs missing before, why installing everything helped, but that should have been resolved.

• @jeroen warmerdam
    All the libraries you only need to install, when you are going to compile Hyperion yourself.
    If you just want to run it, you can install the package. Hyperion brings the libraries.

There were libs missing before, why installing everything helped, but that should have been resolved.

ah okay, so the .deb package doesn't need all the libraries because its self downloading packages when needed :)

• If you use the GPIO on the PI you also have to do this
    sudo systemctl disable --now hyperiond@pi
    sudo systemctl enable --now hyperiond@root

Woher soll ich wissen, was ich denke, bevor ich lese, was ich schreibe!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!