installing Hyperion.NG on Raspbian / Debian Buster and others
because i had to find out myself i wrote it down for others to use as a guideline
1. Download a image for RaspberryPI > Raspbian / Debian buster, whichever one you want online.
2. Write this image to a clean SD card, do not format!
3. slide it into your PI and boot it up onto the installation wizard
4. make correct settings and enable VNC / SPI / SSH and other things, you can (also) do this in sudo raspi-config
5. Write down the IP address of the PI, then reboot
6. On your PI, go to https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.ng/releases and pick out a version that has this >> Hyperion-x.x.x-alpha.x-Linux-armv7hf-rpi.deb it can be a new or older version .deb package
7. Download this and put it in your PI directory, eg home / pi / test folder
8. Open your terminal on your PI via SSH-putty or via VNC program (VNC explanation will follow later)
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install git cmake build-essential qtbase5-dev libqt5serialport5-dev libqt5sql5-sqlite libqt5svg5-dev libqt5x11extras5-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev python3-dev libcec-dev libxcb-dev libqt5sql5-sqlite libqt5svg5-dev libqt5x11extras5-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev python3-dev libcec-dev libxcb-dev libqt5sql5-dev lcb-imagecb-util-lib0-dev shm0-dev libxcb-render0-dev libxcb-randr0-dev libxrandr-dev libxrender-dev libavahi-core-dev libavahi-compat-libdnssd-dev libjpeg-dev libturbojpeg0-dev libssl-dev zlib1g-dev
sudo apt-get install libraspberrypi-dev
run all this libraries and wait, you may not need them all but too much is ok
10. install the deb.file >> sudo dpkg -i /path/to/Hyperion-x.x.x-alpha.x-Linux-armv7hf-rpi.deb
if your file is for example on home / pi / testmap then the code is: sudo dpkg -i /home/pi/testmap/Hyperion-x.x.x-alpha.x-Linux-armv7hf-rpi.deb
if you have it installed it should work.
11. Reboot system and Hyperion.NG should start automatically.
12. go to your localip: 8090 and make your changes!
note; VNC server (on e.g. Raspbian buster full) is for remote desktop function, if you want to use it then you have to install VNC viewer on your pc and create an account> when you have done this and run the installation wizard you can edit your pi if it were brought to you as a second screen.
so you can see your desktop of your Pi (if it has one) and do all the installation very easily. )