USB capture - Signal Detection

• Hi
    Does anyone know of any commands that can give any sort of output to if the USB capture device is actually receiving any data.
    Long story short my LG TV does not play nicely with the CEC commands, its a total hit of miss if any of the information will be reported correctly, 9/10 times I get unknown source -1, segmentation faults and just crap results, spent the full day the other day testing diff O/S's, HDMI ports and cables but no joy.

1 thing i did find that I found no other information on the net, was the following
    Go in the Input section of the Tv then into Edit Inputs, find the source then Set up Universal connection

Only after doing that did the TV start to report actual proper status form the CEC adapter, but after 2 consecutive scans it went back to normal, anyway that section may help someone with a LG tv :)

But yeah if anyone knows any way to quickly probe the card and report something back that would be ideal as I want to have a more elegant way of controlling the LED's depending on what is actually being watched, It currently only uses the USB capture card for Tivo and Hyperion isn't the quickest at detecting no signal to disable the capture card.

Using the CEC scan would be the best way if it constantly reported the correct source but with the unpredictable results I need to find another work around.

any ideas or do you know if kodi JSON-RPC can provide any info on the active source?

• Does anyone know of any commands that can give any sort of output to if the USB capture device is actually receiving any data.

without the interferring of hyperion you can do it like this;

to make a USB videostream on your PI vissible;
    open your terminal;

sudo apt-get install mplayer

then execute;
    sudo mplayer tv:// -tv device=/dev/video0 -hardframedrop

after this a popup window will open with the videostream ( if its there) of /dev/video0

goodluck

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!