Looking for HDMI USB Grabber

• Since it seems to be a faulty system of the splitter or the grabber (Analog one from Logitech) where I get random flickering of single led´s (Visible in the preview as well), I am looking for recommandations of 4k HDMI USB grabbers. The 4k is only requested, because my reciever has dual monitor output and will scale both outputs to the lowest resolution. I think who does not have this, they can use standard low resolution converters.
    Does somebody has found a good one? Preferable without rainbow screen, so I can switch on the no signal detection. My old one shows the rainbow screen if no input is available.

• I bought this one from Amazon for my project - granted its not 4k but when you think about it, I don't really think 4k for the LEDs is needed. You only have so many LEDs anyway and unless you have a newer pi 3 or 4 you'll likely need to further compress the video input so there is not 5 seconds of lag on the screen.

I have 60 LEDs/m for my project and so far can't notice any issues with LED Colors with a 1080 grabber even though my input is 4k and my TV is 75in. I'm still testing/building but I can say for sure that it doesn't output anything when my PS5 is off. All my LEDs stay off thru this grabber and its plug and play for me, hyperion saw it without my configuring anything additional.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08FFHFXV3

• I bought this one from Amazon for my project - granted its not 4k but when you think about it, I don't really think 4k for the LEDs is needed. You only have so many LEDs anyway and unless you have a newer pi 3 or 4 you'll likely need to further compress the video input so there is not 5 seconds of lag on the screen.

I have 60 LEDs/m for my project and so far can't notice any issues with LED Colors with a 1080 grabber even though my input is 4k and my TV is 75in. I'm still testing/building but I can say for sure that it doesn't output anything when my PS5 is off. All my LEDs stay off thru this grabber and its plug and play for me, hyperion saw it without my configuring anything additional.

Yeah 4k is not really needed. But my reciever with dual HDMi output will scale both outputs to the lowest resolution. That´s why I asked for support. Should have make it more clear in my text. Sorry for that.

• Will something like this work? I'm not sure about what chipset controller this uses. I have an AV receiver with HDMI Switch (5 inputs), so I'm expecting to grab the HDMI OUT and split it between the Raspberry Pi and the TV.

Some Loop grabber can work yes, but i'm not expert about wich one is supported. dont forget what Alpha7 told: you need some horsepower to handle 4K input with pi. (by the way a pi zero don't even has usb3 and the required bandwith)

• Some Loop grabber can work yes, but i'm not expert about wich one is supported. dont forget what Alpha7 told: you need some horsepower to handle 4K input with pi. (by the way a pi zero don't even has usb3 and the required bandwith)

Yeah, i know. I'll be using a Rpi4 although my input will not be 4K. It's only 1080p.

• Giving u guys an update. I have ordered a new HDMI2USB grabber, which can support 4k signal without reducing the second output resolution.
    With this new unit, I could safe the HDMI converter to analoge and the UTV007 USB stick.
    https://www.amazon.de/gp/produ…tle_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

All my problems like flickering, rainbow screen, no CEC support are gone. Should have bought that thing earlier, could saved me a lot of headache.

• I ordered something like this with only 1080p on aliexpress ( https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000917130635.html ) to replace the av converter + av grabber that don't work very well (loose connection).
    I hope the pi zero will handle it :)

Got the same converter as you (at least it looks identical) and it works with Pi Zero like a charm :) Just needed to set the lowest 16:9 resolution in hyperion settings to reduce latency.

I want to purchase this. Which version of Hyperion are you using? Classic or NG

• Got the same converter as you (at least it looks identical) and it works with Pi Zero like a charm :) Just needed to set the lowest 16:9 resolution in hyperion settings to reduce latency.

are you using rpi4? And could you watch 4k withm hyperion running without flickering?

• Giving u guys an update. I have ordered a new HDMI2USB grabber, which can support 4k signal without reducing the second output resolution.
    With this new unit, I could safe the HDMI converter to analoge and the UTV007 USB stick.
    https://www.amazon.de/gp/produ…tle_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

All my problems like flickering, rainbow screen, no CEC support are gone. Should have bought that thing earlier, could saved me a lot of headache.

are you using rpi4? And could you watch 4k withm hyperion running without flickering?

• What happens when you watch Netflix at 4K with HDR? I could not find if your grabber supports 4K HDR 10+, Dolby Vision and outputs to 1080p. If anyone could suggest a HDMI that support 4K HDR to the PI 3, vis USB please let me/us know.

• are you using rpi4? And could you watch 4k withm hyperion running without flickering?

No, for hyperion I'm using only rpi zero w. As far as I know this is full hd grabber (not 4K), so it might be not possible to run this with 4K set. On the other side in my case I'm downscaling the grabber to the lowest possible 16:9 resolution in hyperion settings in order to achieve real-time ambilight experience so maybe it could do the trick with 4K also?

• No, for hyperion I'm using only rpi zero w. As far as I know this is full hd grabber (not 4K), so it might be not possible to run this with 4K set. On the other side in my case I'm downscaling the grabber to the lowest possible 16:9 resolution in hyperion settings in order to achieve real-time ambilight experience so maybe it could do the trick with 4K also?

perhaps give an try. Where do you set it to 16:9?

• Great!! Still waiting for it.. Wich custom resolution did you use?

I use 720x480 (now I see it's not 16:9 but it's closest to 16:9 of the predefined options on my list)

perhaps give an try. Where do you set it to 16:9?

Go to Configuration > Capturing Hardware, scroll down to USB Capture window and there is select named "Device Resolution".

I've purchased this USBHDMI Grabber and it works beautifully like Alpha7 states. No rainbow colors with no input; resolved my LED flicker; I also had an issue with dark or gray colors on the screen being displayed as green from the LEDs, this has resolved that too. The colors seem more accurate and brighter as well.

I'm running Hyperion.NG with Hue Lights and they are also more vibrant and responsive. I would highly recommend this grabber to anyone looking to resolve the above-mentioned issues, or if you are looking to bypass your AV2HDMI converter.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!