Looking for HDMI USB Grabber

• I've purchased this USBHDMI Grabber and it works beautifully like Alpha7 states. No rainbow colors with no input; resolved my LED flicker; I also had an issue with dark or gray colors on the screen being displayed as green from the LEDs, this has resolved that too. The colors seem more accurate and brighter as well.

I'm running Hyperion.NG with Hue Lights and they are also more vibrant and responsive. I would highly recommend this grabber to anyone looking to resolve the above-mentioned issues, or if you are looking to bypass your AV2HDMI converter.

I purchased this same grabber as @Alpha7 and @theovlit but the SSH is throwing the error "what(): V4L2GRABBER ERROR: Only pixel formats UYVY, YUYV, and RGB32 are supported ERROR"

Did you guys have to change anything in the standard hypercon setup to get this grabber to work? I'm running on V1.03.4, and can't find any mention on the forums of how to change pixel format. Any thoughts? I know the rest of my setup should be valid because I can send a setup without any grabber and send colors from my phone to my lights, but as soon as I add a grabber to the .json file it doesn't run anything.

• I purchased this same grabber as @Alpha7 and @theovlit but the SSH is throwing the error "what(): V4L2GRABBER ERROR: Only pixel formats UYVY, YUYV, and RGB32 are supported ERROR"

Did you guys have to change anything in the standard hypercon setup to get this grabber to work? I'm running on V1.03.4, and can't find any mention on the forums of how to change pixel format. Any thoughts? I know the rest of my setup should be valid because I can send a setup without any grabber and send colors from my phone to my lights, but as soon as I add a grabber to the .json file it doesn't run anything.

Mine was 100% plug and play.

Under Configuration > Capture Hardware: You should have a USB Capture settings section, You can modify the Device (mine says "USB Video:USB Video") as well as the input, video standard, resolution and some other settings.

Try playing around there to see if modifying the settings will allow the system to see the grabber. It should also show up under the Remote control section if the systems sees it.

• Mine was 100% plug and play.

Under Configuration > Capture Hardware: You should have a USB Capture settings section, You can modify the Device (mine says "USB Video:USB Video") as well as the input, video standard, resolution and some other settings.

Try playing around there to see if modifying the settings will allow the system to see the grabber. It should also show up under the Remote control section if the systems sees it.

OH MY GOSH THERE'S AN ONLINE CONFIGURATION I was still using the old .json file from 2019 with LibreELEC and pounding my head against the wall because I wasn't seeing those options!! Thank you for the reply, I will try it as soon as I get home! Are you also using the HyperBian image?

• Mine was 100% plug and play.

I could absolutely kiss you right now, this has made my YEAR. I've had these damn LED's sitting on the back of my TV for A FULL YEAR because for the life of me I just couldn't make it work and I just got so damn frustrated and now it just WORKS! Thank you thank you thank you

• I could absolutely kiss you right now, this has made my YEAR. I've had these damn LED's sitting on the back of my TV for A FULL YEAR because for the life of me I just couldn't make it work and I just got so damn frustrated and now it just WORKS! Thank you thank you thank you

Haha, glad I could help. I hear your pain though, I had a few weeks of torture getting my setup working, I was in constant fear I would wake up and the LEDs would have been removed by my wife out of annoying of them existing and not doing anything lol.

• Giving u guys an update. I have ordered a new HDMI2USB grabber, which can support 4k signal without reducing the second output resolution.
    With this new unit, I could safe the HDMI converter to analoge and the UTV007 USB stick.
    https://www.amazon.de/gp/produ…tle_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

All my problems like flickering, rainbow screen, no CEC support are gone. Should have bought that thing earlier, could saved me a lot of headache.

I just installed Hyperion, and ran into the problem of no CEC being passed along and the minor issue of the rainbow screen. So came here searching for recommendations on a USB grabber without these problems and found the one you linked to on the German Amazon.

But you are using a receiver with "dual" outputs and not a splitter, right?

• I don't believe there is a product on the planet that supports Dolby Vision capture. HDR yes, but not DV. There is still no luck finding a HDMI 4k HDR USB product for the Pi. I've tried many devices but all failed in one form or another due to stability mainly.

I have been searching for a solution for DV content for a while. The HDFury Diva has a specific output that can downscale and remove HDR & DV but the DV side has to be a Low Latency Dolby Vision source (according to the thread on AV Forums - I got to page 7 out of 120 then gave up when I read this, although it may have been updated since 2019). Even if it worked with all content from any source its still too expensive.

My endpoint to all the failures is to use a USB camera in the Pi on an extension. I'm getting decent results, no lag, colours are OK. But trying to find the right balance of settings in v4l2 via SSH is a pain as I do sometimes get some flickering when change exposure and such. I need a camera that has more settings (testing a C270 and a Lifecam).

My setup is Apple TV 4k and Xbox Series X into a Denon X2400H AVR with an Atmos 5.1.2 setup. Output that to a 65" Sony XH95. The pi is a 3B+, PC PSU, 264 LED strip and home made cable kit and the webcams. If I can find the holy grail of settings for the webcam I will leave it at that as it works quite well.

• Just to clarify: Yes, it is possible to use amiblight with dolby vision and hdr with HDFury. Like it was already said, the source output (e.g. Nvidia Shield) has to support Low Latency Dolby Vision (LLDV) in order to use it. HDFury thereby makes use of a special color setting bitmapping which you can specify.

But everyone has to think if one wants to spend this. If you want to do it without it, there are at least some splitters which support hdr at the moment.

• Just to clarify: Yes, it is possible to use amiblight with dolby vision and hdr with HDFury. Like it was already said, the source output (e.g. Nvidia Shield) has to support Low Latency Dolby Vision (LLDV) in order to use it. HDFury thereby makes use of a special color setting bitmapping which you can specify.

But everyone has to think if one wants to spend this. If you want to do it without it, there are at least some splitters which support hdr at the moment.

Some decent reading on Dolby Vision and LLDV: Dolby Vision and LLDV

So if I can force the ATV to output in LLDV mode and the series X outputs in HDR the Diva is the only device that could work with my kit. The Diva also has LED control built in.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!