Hyperion doesn't see capture device

• Hello,
    New to this but believe I've set it up correctly as LEDs work fine, hyperion controls the effects, etc. but my Hyperion does not recognize the capture device in the remote control source page. I tested the capture device using my laptop camera and it captures fine. I've also read a few posts here about changing the device settings to /dev/video0 and doesn't help. Can anyone help me work this out? About to cut my losses and give up if I can't get this to work which is a bummer.
    Thanks

• logs and config please, you will find both in webui

Hello,
    Apologies for delayed reply. I am no longer having this issue. I decided to try a fresh install of hyperion on another micro SD card, had issues with that, popped the original sd card back in and bam it worked! Any ideas why this happened and how popping out the sd and re-inserting could resolve the issue? Thank you.

• Hello,
    Apologies for delayed reply. I am no longer having this issue. I decided to try a fresh install of hyperion on another micro SD card, had issues with that, popped the original sd card back in and bam it worked! Any ideas why this happened and how popping out the sd and re-inserting could resolve the issue? Thank you.

Once, 2 years ago I smoked a SD card by inserting it in the PI.
    Literally smoke came out and I pull out fast the SD card of 32 GB.

I thought the card was still okay and burnt down the PI , but tested it in second Pi and didn't do anything anymore...

I wrote a new image on new card and old PI was fine !!
    Computer store didn't believe me that the card smoked.
    So there you go :classy:

• Lol, thanks guys. It seems fine now. Should I have concern that it won't be fine going forward?
    Also, if you say sd card is not the best way to go, what do you recommend I use with a Pi? This is literally my first time using a Pi, a capture device or even using LEDs (although they're simple enough), and I'm just surprised I got the amblilight setup even working at all : ) Thanks

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!