Basic USB grabber setup hyperion.ng 1.00 Béta 4k/1080p ready apa102 on raspi3b

• Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

hello guys,

hereby my setup, i made this at home last year 2019 and did two things

making the frame and install the electronic stuff into a switchbox.
    i hope you enjoy and if you have questions then shoot them.

• this is the frame i made out of pvc > 16 and 19mm This makes it possible to adjust the angle of shadow that leds will provide.
    I decided to put the leds not to the wall but shining by the wall, the angle of the leds is big enough for that and this is a nice sollution when your tv hangs on the wall with not really much space to spare from your tv mount and the wall.
    The frame is sticked on the TV with special adhesive that doesn't leave damage/residue after you remove it.
    i bend the frame into the arches of the tv, in that way the leds is everywhere even distance.

Leds have a light angle of 120 degrees so thats more enough to "play" with the angle/adjustment :)
    i must say i am very happy with this frame because the first frame i made didn't have the angle adjusting option.
    So maybe you get ideas ! :)

• very nice Jeroen :biggrin:

be nice if someone threw a quick guide together on where to start :roflmao:

Im at the stage where my wall has more colour at times than the TV

sure i can do that but every setup is different and need alternate calibrations to get the desired effect out of the Ambilight.
    but ofcourse i could make a basic guideline howto get the best result possible.

if i have time then you are the first on my mind :thumbup:

• very nice mate, also does the frame act as a diffuser as well or is it just to block and redirect the light to where you want on the wall?

yeah true on the settings, everyone will have different values depending on the setup.

:thumbup:

• very nice mate, also does the frame act as a diffuser as well or is it just to block and redirect the light to where you want on the wall?

yeah true on the settings, everyone will have different values depending on the setup.

:thumbup:

the frame is mounted on the back of the tv, its purpose is too hold the ledstrip and shines the lights up down left and right from the tv.
    the picture is from the backpanel of the tv, where the frame is mounted on.

The frame is also a little smaller in scale so you can't see any lights directly from an viewangle
    tle ledstrip is sticked with his own adhesive tape to the frame, in this way i didn't had too cut the ledstrip at the corners/ can make a fluently corner which makes sure there's also lights where the bend is.

most setups from frames are placed ON the tv backplate so the lights shines to the wall, my frame is made that the lights shine along the wall.
    with my setup the distance from lights to wall is shorter because most setups and frames have a longer distance from frame to wall and ledstrips are placed on the back and not on the sides like mine

i hope this helps :)

• ahhhh i see what you mean now, nicely done man esp with the wrap round rather than cutting corners, nice touch with minimal soldering :thumbup:

might investigate a frame when tv is replaced and i change to 120 /m, but current setup appears to be doing the job as i got a fair distance from the wall to illuminate :LOL:, luckily the rear curves lets me get a good position with minimal effort, could probably be the best unintended feature of the tv :roflmao:

• yes,

soldering is very minimalistic and because the ledstrip is only shortened 20leds chance of mallfunction is very low. where i made the cut i roughen up the solder on +5v and GND and connected this also on PSU.
    so powered from both sides.
    most setups needs more light then mine and remember that my leds is only 30L/mtr while most here have them with 60 or even 144 leds!

i would say the further the distance the light has to travel from tv to wall the more luminance you need. :)

• so the APA102 you mentioned, I take it you run them from 2 board SPI pins or would another Ardruino be better? are level shifter or any other parts required?

No it's a minimalistic setup. ;)

It runs directly on 2 board GPIO SPI 10/11 without any arduino or logic level shifter.

Remember I only run 130 leds, with my former setup on ws2801 it was 96 leds, so that's the reason for me not needing "boost" the SPI signal. If it runs like this then it's okay, less electronics is always better then a lot, so when it doesn't run then we are talking about Arduino and level shifters :eek::classy:
    Also I run a Pi3b overclocked with his only purpose Hyperion.NG
    Other builds here use a minimalistic OS like LibreElec for the lights to give kodi a chance :D
    I use Raspbian Debian Buster full with all options including VNC viewer, which is very handy to alter the PI3b without having to connect keyboard/mouse to it and still have the GUI desktop fully vissible of the Raspi.

• so the APA102 you mentioned, I take it you run them from 2 board SPI pins or would another Ardruino be better? are level shifter or any other parts required?

You can drive more than one LEDstrip connected to Raspberry GPIO. I connected and drived 4 LEDstrip at the same time with Hyperion without anything. ( 2 SPI SK9822, one SK6812 RGBW and one WS2813).

I made this video with only 3 LEDstrip but it's working with 4 ( My LEDstrip gone crazy after few moment maybe due to the fact that SPI buffer was too low ). I will made a new test ASAP.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Very pratical if you want to do put MutltiZone LEDstrip under the TV.

@jeroen warmerdam You don't have Washed colours when you send HDR ?

• @jeroen warmerdam You don't have Washed colours when you send HDR ?

yes i have, when watching 4K content then colours is washed out/ not accurate.

we know what that is ofcourse, Hyperion.NG can not handle HDR info > something i have to get into later on.
    Maybe i try the fork of Awawa Hyper HDR on my second PI but for now i am okay with it > my original installation is going to stay
    i am not going to butcher that.

Maybe i look into filtering it out with splitters and such, 2 splitters in series someone here had was filtering out the HDR to Hyperion.NG
    we see.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!