Trying to upgrade Hyperion classic to NG... No succes yet

• Hi everyone!

My lighting system is the Lightberry HD/4K version with Apa102 leds. Last week I needed to reinstall my Raspberry 3B+. (And I'm a complete noob at Linux.) Decided I might as well try Hyperion NG instead of the old version while I'm at it. So... After installing Raspberry OS (Buster), I downloaded/installed Hyperion 2.0.0-alpha.9 from Github.

Pi boots up. Leds show red, green, blue. But no rainbow swirl. I can reach the (very convenient !!) web UI.
    However the leds won't light. Trying to turn them on with the hyperionremote app on my phone, the app shows "No server connection" and "web socket" errors. I'm thinking everything must be running as I can see green lights for component status on the web UI.

Can somebody please help me diagnose? I've added the log text from the web UI. Maybe that can help?

Thanks in advance!!

• Offizieller Beitrag

In addition, check out the following
    https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.ng/issues/1135

You might need to update the Lightberry firmware...

• Results after ls /dev with the arduino disconnected only show ttyAMAO. (Am I correct in assuming this is the grabber?)

/dev/ttyACMO should then be the correct driver setting in the web UI?

Just to confirm , there are 2 mentions of apa102 in the web ui menu. One under SPI, another under usb-adalight/apa102 mode.
    At the moment I have the second one selected. Is this the correct one?

• After setting dev/ttyACM0 there is a rainbow at boot up followed by partial whitish light showing from time to time. Server is still not found through the remote control app. So... a partial succes already.

How to continue trouble shooting?

• Making some progress!
    Forgetting the remote app completely, I can set a constant background color now, using the web UI. (Setting this to black turns of the random white patches I mentioned earlier.)

I went on with finding the correct crop settings. Pretty easy with the live view option. Nice!

One last issue when using the grabber, the leds are showing a constant white. No color changes anywhere. What settings do I need to adjust and where? (Grabber or processing pages?)

• @Jeroen, yep I’m a Dutchie.
    @Lord Grey, I haven’t updated the firmware (too scared to do so).
    What I have done is playing around with the gamma settings (after seeing that advice mentioned in these forums).
    Currently they are at 2,5 for red/green/blue. It seems I’m on the right track with this. Needs a bit more fine tuning perhaps..
    This thread can be marked as solved as far as I’m concerned.

Thank you for the pointers in the right direction!

• Hi guys, i have lightberry led conrtoler but cant make it work with hyperion. I saw some discusion about firmware update but unfortunly lightberry website is no more. Do You have needed file and instructions? Or maybe smth alternative? All i was able to find was web archwe but looks like smth wrong with it. My controller keep disconecting When ill try to update it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!