Pi4 - Spiltter & Capture

• Hi Folks, Going through a bit of a rough patch and could use another set of opinions, These are what i have
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB…0f409b:g:p~sAAOSwJYhfWJvg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-…bf5f34:g:vesAAOSwyR5fWISM

Capture card was working fine but with previous probs with Ir Receiver on GPIO the V4L wasn't really used much, so im now wondering if a USB3 would benefit the build due to the faster bandwith handling as i noticed a bit of lag in the LEDS last night when using usb capture - This lag is not there on Platform Capture.

Splitter - man what a POS that is, spent hours last night diagnosing why it wouldn't power up, turns out it powers up as expected when there is nothing plugged in or only 1 device plugged in regardless of cable position or type, sometimes powers up but mainly doesn't, as you can imagine when it refused to power up and the other half wants to watch the tv it becomes a major problem, so im guessing you get what you pay for. do these look like a better replacements for them

https://www.ebuyer.com/662866-…=662866&_sgm_action=click

Upgraded Version Capture Streaming,Live Broadcasts

I had a quick look into a semi decent USB recorder with a pass-though to bypass the splitter completely but I couldn't find a semi decent looking on that wouldn't be a Chinese clone that could be a hit or miss if it actually works as expected plus the branded ones are a small fortune.

any thoughts?

• Look at my link Xolorspace for specs.

Hyperion.ng and watching tv possible together or the one or the other.

With other words, invest in a good splitter. With this one 4k and 1080p output works independently. So the woman is happy again when you are busy with Hyperion.ng setup, no more fallout of tv !

;)

• Its a pity there was no way to directly output the signal straight from the splitter directly into the pi camera port, might be a possibility on the pi7 or 8 :LOL:

Splitter looks like the very chappie plus 1 year warranty, sold :LOL:

Yeah the original equipment was really just testing the waters to see if it would work and actually get used :thumbup:

• Does the Xolorspace HDMI splitter support CEC passthrough? So if I turned on a device eg Chromecast, will it automatically turn the tv on or off?

• Does the Xolorspace HDMI splitter support CEC passthrough? So if I turned on a device eg Chromecast, will it automatically turn the tv on or off?

FEATURES
    Support HDMI 2.0, HDCP2.2
    Support 3D video format
    Support high resolution up to 3840X2160/60HZ
    Support the max baud rate of 18Gbps and TMDS clock can be up to 600 MHz
    Support 8/10/12 bit deep color
    Support audio format: DTS-HD/Dolby-trueHD/DTS/Dolby-AC3/DSD
    Support AWG26 HDMI standard cable
    Support serial port online upgrade
    Support EDID management
    5V/2A power adapter

i dont think it supports, can not find it in specs

• I don't think it does, but bit extreme to only offer it on the 8 port and specifically only port 1.

How long did delivery take?

its on the website;

PACAGE CONTENTS

1X2 HDMI Splitter 61121 *1

Power supply *1

Manual *1

1m HDMI 2.0 cable 28AWG *1 (gift)

1.5m HDMI 2.0 cable 28AWG *1 (gift)

2m HDMI 2.0 cable 28AWG *1 (gift)

delivery (with T&Trace) did take little more then a week, you have also customs which delay the delivery to your door.

• I was talking about talking about lack of CEC info, some state: Only output1 supports CEC function, some state: Not support CEC but most don't mention it, you'd of thought with all the other features they all support and list, that CEC would be on every one.

Aww man I thought £10 on delivery it be like 2 days max :roflmao:

• Must of missed this one, Yeah mine arrived today and its in the manual too, hopefully be up and running tonight :):):)

congrats! :thumbup::bigsmile:

i found out that with setting dipswitch 2 ON/down ( the rest off/up ) there is a funnel for HDR and other protocols ofcourse >> this is setting 4K x 2K but your grabber can cope with that. I use this setting now.

if you want the standard 1080p then set to 2 and 3 ON, the rest off

only make dipswitch ajustment when disconnected from 5 volt PSU

• You must of been typing that as i was moving switches 2 and 3 down :roflmao:, Grabber is only 1080 and 1080 is way better than nothing at all so ill go with that and see how the capture card handles it, any grief and ill check the docs for a supported usb3 grabber and try one of them :thumbup:

• splitter up and running, nice bit of kit man, but still have a slight lag on USB capture of around 1 second, I found another post in forum search so will have a scroll through that but will probably open a new thread once i track down the problem

Recap the linked splitter is a nice bit of kit - delivery could of been better but worth the wait, solid bit of construction and not a cheap and nasty kit, cable quality feels good so for peace of mind that you can send the desired signals to the devices at the intended rate, plus the EDID switches are an added bonus to ensure there is no confusion :thumbup:

Thanks Guys

• in terminal;
    sudo apt-get install mplayer

run

sudo mplayer tv:// -tv device=/dev/video0 -hardframedrop

is there still a delay? if there is its probably settings i mentioned in config.txt or the USB grabber device is a little slow >> has nothing to do then with Hyperion

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!