raspberry pi 3+ - hyperion

• Ok so I have receive my power supply today and I have install my LEDs (60 leds/m)on de back of my tv, but the LEDs dont turn on.
    So I think I don't have enough power, I have one power supply with 5v 10a and I have 188 LEDs on total. 60 on the top 60 on the bottom and 34 on the left side and 34 on the right side.

Do you think I need another power supply with more power??

your PSU is just barely ennough, when i make a calculation ( on full brightness, type leds 5050 smd) then i calculate 9,2 Amps on 188 leds.
    i would use a stronger PSU like 15 or 20 Amps ( 75 or 100 watts)

calculation is> 188 leds x 0.049 Amps (each led) = total draw of PSU with this leds .

• your PSU is just barely ennough, when i make a calculation ( on full brightness, type leds 5050 smd) then i calculate 9,2 Amps on 188 leds.
    i would use a stronger PSU like 15 or 20 Amps ( 75 or 100 watts)

calculation is> 188 leds x 0.049 Amps (each led) = total draw of PSU with this leds .

i have tested today put only the led strip on the top (60 leeds) and i have the same problem see the image

i have install the hyperion remote app on my phone and doesn t change nothing when i change the color effect

• What I don't realize is why when I turn on only the LEDs to the power supply the LEDs dont work. Maybe it's a problem with the led strip ,because the connection are good and when I go to the live video capture I see the image

touch the dataline ( GPIO18 wire) with your finger when power is on the ledstrip> if it reacts by certain leds change colour then ledstrip is okay

make sure you are using the correct ledlayout and save it, make a test layout for your 50 leds
    then set the ledstrip controller again in PWM ws281x and GPIO18

if you done that, reboot Hyperion.

if its still not working, test with a script

sudo apt-get install python-imaging

then execute the script ( you can alter this)
    sudo python lightpaint.py

and play around with it to see if ledstrip reacts to anything.
    source; https://learn.adafruit.com/lig…ith-raspberry-pi/software

• without GPIO atached to data IN on ledstrip, and only power OFF and then power ON PSU the leds should react different and /or when touched by finger

i have tested power directly to raspberry pi still the same (right now 2 more led working see picture )
    the only thing that changes is when i tested power another power supply from a tv box 12V 2A almost all the leds blinks

ps: when i go to Hyperion page i see whats on the tv

• IDK man, I don't think his PSU is the Issue, for troubleshooting sake he could tell Hyperion in the LED configuration he only has the 60 led's or whatever at the top and everything should work as expected at least on that top strip, if a solid colour is selected, you would still expect that to be full brightness on every LED that Hyperion knows about using his current PSU.

@filipe teixeirahttps://hyperion-project.org/t…p-ideas.11332/#post-33997 run through that post and enable logging, and set however many LEDS you have at the top only and ignore the others for now, then check the error log and see what's in there if they still don't work. Something isn't right and we could go round in circles all day but ideally some sort of error would be better

• ok so i have done some photos and send the logo

• and this is the export o my configuration.
    So since i cant not figure out i will buy another led strip in this case i will buy ws2812b 30 leds or meter

i thank you very much all you guys for the help you give me.. THANKS

• use that PSU and test again, everything else looks good.

i have used the power supply 12V 2A now have a few more leds on but not change the colour. if i use the power supplu 5A 10V a few leds ligh up It could be a led strip problem?

• @filipe teixeira Looking at that picture a.jpg at the connector that has the wire going to GPIO 18 or whatever you picked. If you are not using the same PSU that powers the LEDS to power the Pi you need to earth another pin at that connector to the Pi

If the earth on that wiring connector is the white wire, connect another jumper from the white wire to a earth location on the GPIO, 1 pin down from GPIO 18 is an earth but check the official docs to make sure you go in the right direction.

• If the earth on that wiring connector is the white wire, connect another jumper from the white wire to a earth location on the GPIO, 1 pin down from GPIO 18 is an earth but check the official docs to make sure you go in the right direction.

i have tried but dont work, still at the same
    yellow wire on the pi at gpio18 connect led strip green wire (data) and white wire at the pi ground connect to led strip with wire

i dont know where is the problem, maybe from the led strip are damaged or maybe the configuration from my pi, but i have follow step by step the tutorial from youtube video.

• Sorry man, I'm out of ideas, everything looks good in your settings, now that you gave the LEDS an earth to the Pi your wiring now looks correct.

You should be able to go into the GUI and set a solid colour to that strip and it should work, If not your LEDS or Supply could be faulty.
    https://www.hyperion-project.o…s.11332/page-2#post-34071

You could pull the SD card and start over once more and flash Hyperbian and see how that goes but i suspect it will still boil down to LEDS or power supply.

• IDK man seems like a waste as you have that functionality in Hyperion and even if you use the bluetooth thing you still need to use your existing power supply so the chances are high that you'll end up not knowing whats causing it.

Have you tried the Hyperion App on your phone to see it it is able to control the LEDS?

• ok @filipe teixeira i will be blunt here

Looking back you had problems installing, you are new and hats off for getting this far you done well, you followed a vid that a few others also ran into problems with so there could be something not fully completed within there somewhere, there is an easier way of getting everything installed by flashing the Official Hyperion image so unless you are 100% that everything is and has been installed correctly you should really do that to 100% rule out software.

As @jeroen warmerdam assisted you on the power supply which appears to have made a difference to your setup, you must have a power or LED issue so unless you are 100% certain your PSU is up to the job the new LEDS wont work either.

Or you are just unlucky and have a set of bad LEDS

:thumbup:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!