raspberry pi 3+ - hyperion

• thank you or your support.

i will follow your advice. i wil get the Official Hyperion image from here ( https://docs.hyperion-project.…perBian.html#requirements ) and burn into my sd card
    and see how it goes.

after burn the image on the sd card i will configure the Hyperion with the leds settings (gpio 18) i need do something else like?

sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade

or any other commands?

or if someone can help me send a tutorial step by step what to do after i burn in the sd card Official Hyperion image

• burn the image to SD card with baleno etcher or similar

let it do its thing then you should be good to go, run the 2 commands you said above to update the system

Set it up in the webUI.

Only thing i can see is the PSU is putting out nearly 5.5v, don't suppose the PSU has an adjustment screw?

• so after i burn the image using Win32DiskImager from the official Hyperion image from here
    2- insert the sd card on the rpi and then run the comands
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade

For ws281x PWM (attached to GPIO-18):
    sudo systemctl disable --now hyperiond@pi
    sudo systemctl enable --now hyperiond@root
    when i put this 2 last comands i have the following reponse from rpi

then i have configuredthe hyperon web conifiguration put the number o leds on led controller and led layout
    Capturing hardware ----- Enable USB capture -- active
    Remote control - it shows the usb capture 8 when i click on the live video i can see whats is showing on the tv.

Conclusion - still have the same issue, only a few leds working like before.
    i will waiting for my new lee strip to see if will working, is the only thing i need to test :)

Only thing i can see is the PSU is putting out nearly 5.5v, don't suppose the PSU has an adjustment screw?

no , dont have, see the picture.

• think @jeroen warmerdam might be the best person to verify if the LEDS will be happy with the 5.3v or its a touch on the high side, but yeah good luck with it :thumbup:

the answer is yes, filipe probably killed the ledstrip.

better is to feed until 4,9 volts under load. Also adjusting PSU"s voltage with potentiometer is the way to go.
    this solid powerlines are used by much but to use it for a ledstrip then you have to know that output is not ever exceeding 5 volts, also rectifiers build-in is not really high quality most of the times.
    i say it always and repeat; especially for smd electronics a steady/clean/protected DC with absolutely no rimple (AC current over DC) is lifeimportant

https://learn.adafruit.com/digital-led-strip/power

• the only thing that changes is when i tested power another power supply from a tv box 12V 2A almost all the leds blinks

no you didn't >> thats 12volts! then you certainly killed your strip.

@davieboy i didn't even notice this before but i took a special look in this conversation and found it.. o_O:rolleyes:
    we missed this one, ... omg omg

• yeah it was on the tip of my tounge to say the flickers was the strip being killed.

On the plus side not only has he mastered the Dr Z install he done the Hyperion image too :thumbup:

Personally @filipe teixeira i would look at replacing the PSU, If there is no adjustment screw hidden to tweak it down, rather than adding in any components to lower the voltage down by 0.5v

• no you didn't >> thats 12volts! then you certainly killed your strip.

thats what i have thinking !! Viewing from the positive side :)D) i know right now where is the problem

I will buy another led strip but not sure if i buy one with 30leds/meter or 60leds/m :)

i have see this set on aliexpress what you think is a good option to not having problems with all components? I will ask to replace the power supple to 5V 10A as i have see on the tutorial DR Z

Thanks a lot for your help @davieboy , and @jeroen warmerdam you are very very kind :)

• 0.05v no but nearly 0.5v yes - If its new then its not proving to be stable thus far so what will it be like in 2 weeks or 6 month time?

Idk about aliexpress - never used it and tend to avoid it but your PSU and LEDS are the heart and soul so you want the best quality that suits the budget rather than a special priced bundle that suits they sales IMHO

in a way you are quite fortunate as you need new LEDS and reading other posts the AP102's seem to be the way forward rather than the WS2812B everyone goes for after watching the DrZ video :LOL: myself included - as soon as mine break or tv gets changed i will be moving to those.

Either way pick a strip of LEDs, Work out what length you actually need then calculate the size of PSU you will need to run them, then add 2.4Amps for powering the Pi then you need a PSU of that final number measured in Amps

• Since it’s my first experience I prefer not invest to much on these project.

I don’t know any store that sells in the internet led strips besides Aliexpress, Amazon ( we found the same items that have in Aliexpress but more expensive so I prefer use Aliexpress) bangoo, wish...

I have do a search on google regarding AP102's leds but have 4 “pins” and wb2812b has 3 and the tutorial I will follow uses these type of leds so i think is more easy for me at the moment ( if I will have success is sure I will invest in good quality material but for now I will use average material)

the set that I have post above ( it will cost me only +- 24euros, not a big investment ( to start and make tests )have the material and the right “settings” in order to work perfectly all together ( to not burn the led strip again :D )

I will start with a 30 leds per meter to start
    For the psu i have a doubt between chose a 5V 10A or 5V 20A because in the futur I pretend use a 60leds per meter so I need more ampers (I think)

• I will start with a 30 leds per meter to start
    For the psu i have a doubt between chose a 5V 10A or 5V 20A because in the futur I pretend use a 60leds per meter so I need more ampers (I think)

Correct, go for the 20A 100watt PSU then when exceeding 3 meter of striptype 60l/mtr

When you can make a choice there then 75watts /15 Amps is okay already. It depends on what you want and how big your setup is going to be

• if I choose for now a led strip 30leds per meter ( to see how it goes the lights on the wall) I don’t have a issue with a PSU 5V 20A? The led strip don’t burn? Because if I will sucess with this I will change for 60leds per meter

thanks

No, you can have a PSU on 5 volts that's capable of delivering 2/3/4 times the Amps that you need.

Current is only being drawed out of the PSU when its "asked" by the device. Especially for low voltage setups that doesn't matter at all, like 5 and 12volt setups.
    For instance I use a 5volts 175Watt or 35Amps PSU (Atx psu of computer) for my setup.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!