USB capture not working

• Hello.
    I am running 2.0.0-alpha.9 on a Raspberry Pi 2 Model B Rev 1.1 and I use this capture.
    Everything was working fine untill something happened (I don't know what) and suddenly V4L stopped working.
    I tried everything I could imagine and searched.
    Finally I made a clean install of Hyperbian.
    Now I can control it from android app and from Home Assistant. But as you can see in the pictures, I can't see the USB Capture as Source selection.

Only thing I can assume is that the capture somehow stopped working.

Is this what you understand from those info?

If yes, what capture should I use? Should I combine it with an HDMI splitter?

the log:

PS: If it is not a software but hardware issue, please a moderator move it to the correct place. Thx.

• set auto settings USB video grabber to static.

/dev/video0 is in Hyperion,
    USB device
    / 0 /
    PAL (or ntsc) /
    resolution that works or lower it in 16/9 ofset /
    save and reboot.

then; increase USB port power, put in a line
    max_usb_current=1

into config.txt configuration file, then it should recognize USB grabber again.

• OK here is what I did:
    Then I rebooted through ssh (is there an option to reboot from GUI?).
    Now I see this on Source selection:

I edited config.txt and at the end I entered "max_usb_current=1".
    Restarted and tried to change to V4L from home Assistant and now again USB Capture is not visible in source selection.
    The settings in capturing hardware are the same as my 1st print screen in this post.

• at least they react to your white "noise" >>> are you sure that HDMI signal coming in is okay?

or lower the resolution in the grabber

2021-01-30T09:40:13.828Z [hyperiond V4L2:/DEV/VIDEO0] (DEBUG) (V4L2Grabber.cpp:582:init_device()) Set device input to: Camera 1
    2021-01-30T09:40:13.831Z [hyperiond V4L2:/DEV/VIDEO0] (DEBUG) (V4L2Grabber.cpp:696:init_device()) Set resolution to width=800 height=600
    2021-01-30T09:40:13.833Z [hyperiond V4L2:/DEV/VIDEO0] (DEBUG) (V4L2Grabber.cpp:713:init_device()) Set framerate to 20 fps
    2021-01-30T09:40:13.834Z [hyperiond V4L2:/DEV/VIDEO0] (DEBUG) (V4L2Grabber.cpp:735:init_device()) Pixel format=YUYV
    2021-01-30T09:40:13.845Z [hyperiond V4L2:/DEV/VIDEO0] (INFO) Started

its not a camera so why does it recognize as a camera?

• The signal that is coming, is definetly OK because it goes also to my TV and I see everything clear.
    About the camera, I really have no idea. And before the problems, the only way to work (from what I have tried) was to place as input, the camera.

try another USB port, it looks like the OS remembers you had a camera there and now Hyperion thinks that also.
    if i look into the debug log then you see the same.

you have a LOOP device, often they promise to loop every signal/resolution that comes in... however thats not always the case
    mostly the stripped signal to USB is not very high, especially when it hasn't enough power or HDMI signal isn't really strong.

that would be my quess for right now.
    but say that HDMI LOOP is good and your tv isnt having any problems, then it doesn't say anything of your stripped USB signal to the RPI.

we can try something diffrent now but it takes some time of you and some craft

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!