Cannot access Hyperion using web browser

• jeroen, I did as you asked and this is what I got back

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ hyperiond
    [hyperiond MAIN] <ERROR> The Hyperion Daemon is already running, abort start

I went back to my web browser and nothing changed

• jeroen, I did as you asked and this is what I got back

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ hyperiond
    [hyperiond MAIN] <ERROR> The Hyperion Daemon is already running, abort start

I went back to my web browser and nothing changed

if you have correct IP adres and portnumber and Hyperion is running then i think this is something for a admin. :classy:

• ok, I fixed it. I was able to download Hyperbian to an SD card, insert into the Pi and LAN. Now I'm in.. and I have new problems.. Seems like my HDMI capture card is not letting my video pass thru. The TV doesn't see the HDMI Source. Also I think I have too many LED's for my power source. The last 60 LED's aren't lighting up.. I have 300LED's and my power source Max is 10 Amps.

• ok, I fixed it. I was able to download Hyperbian to an SD card, insert into the Pi and LAN. Now I'm in.. and I have new problems.. Seems like my HDMI capture card is not letting my video pass thru. The TV doesn't see the HDMI Source. Also I think I have too many LED's for my power source. The last 60 LED's aren't lighting up.. I have 300LED's and my power source Max is 10 Amps.

10A should be sufficient for 300 LEDs, its more likely you need to inject power along the way. Feeding from just the beginning isnt enough to run that far on 5V

• Davieboy, yes I have the configuration set at 300LED's 99top 99bottom 51right 51left

bamathrasher, would I need another power source? or do I connect at the tail end of the LED's with the same power.

Thanks

• Ah well looks like you got some work to do.

no as @bamathrasher said, inject another supply halfway along the strip, easiest way if your already powered would be where you power the first section, the easiest place would be the very end of the strip that has no connections on it - pop a 5v feed down there (backpowering) and remove the 2nd corner power link leaving only the data and earth links connected - each power feed should now be powering 2 sections each and not connected to each other - Power or earth direction doesn't matter as long as data lines follow the correct rotation, you can also inject your 2nd feed into any section of the strip so don't panic if the corner is difficult to get into just go to the next one down. :thumbup:

• Ok, it all works now... I was able to install 150LED's and the HDMI capture card is working. strange because I didn't change anything except the LED count.

I noticed there is a delay in the LED's maybe 1 second behind.

Thanks to everyone so far.

• 10A should be sufficient for 300 LEDs, its more likely you need to inject power along the way. Feeding from just the beginning isnt enough to run that far on 5V

small objection,

its really not, it exceeds 14,5 Amps of drawing current out of PSU running on full brightness.
    10Amps PSU is NOT enough for 300 leds.

the rest of your post i agree with.

• Hi all,

I am a total noob to all of this, but I'll try to explain, I had hyperion installed and everything was working great until my Pie died. So I ordered a new pie and went through all the install steps again from the dr z video. However for some reason I can not get into the web browser. So far I have tried installing Hyperion NG and the last 3 versions and get the same result. When I did the hyperbrian image I was able to get into the UI but I had a capture card issue and the lights were not responding. Can someone lease help, I have been scouring the web and forums for 2 days now. When I type in hyperiond I get illegal instruction

• Hi all,

I am a total noob to all of this, but I'll try to explain, I had hyperion installed and everything was working great until my Pie died. So I ordered a new pie and went through all the install steps again from the dr z video. However for some reason I can not get into the web browser. So far I have tried installing Hyperion NG and the last 3 versions and get the same result. When I did the hyperbrian image I was able to get into the UI but I had a capture card issue and the lights were not responding. Can someone lease help, I have been scouring the web and forums for 2 days now. When I type in hyperiond I get illegal instruction

You should really copy your message and paste it into a new thread https://hyperion-project.org/f…e-support.9/create-thread
    Include: Since new Pi have you ever been able to access the GUI? Is the Pi connected to the net? Paste the URL your trying to access. :thumbup:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!