Newbie help

• Hello I am fairly new to hyperion and was wondering if someone could help with a question I cant seem to find the answer to. First, I have libreelec installed on a pi 4 running as my main media player in my living room. Do I need any other hardware besides the leds and possibly power to have it respond to kodi on the pi? Is there a good tutorial on what i need to do? Any help would be amazing. Thank you.

• Doddle mate once you pick you LED's

Good PSU to power the LED's, Pi4 will handle the rest straight from the GPIO pin, depending on what LED's you get you may need a level shifter or resistor, WS2818B can be ran directly from the Pi as they are and they are relatively cheap if that gives you something to lookup.

https://hyperion-project.org/t…ziell-unofficially.10463/ Is the tutorial you should follow to install it.

Depends really on how far you want to take it mate, LED's and a PSU will get you up and running, you can go from there, I set it up quickly and just used kodi screensaver to start and stop hyperion, worked well, have a look in the showcase section to get a idea what others are using

https://hyperion-project.org/f…perion-setup-showcase.14/

;)

• That is fantastic! Thank you so much for the info. I actually have a set of WS2818B leds in my amazon list already. Guess its time to drop the $50 or so bucks on the light strip/power and the corner connectors. I will 100% be posting my final setup when it is done.

• hang on, You may still need some of them but would be more beneficial to get a soldering iron and practise soldering just to ensure the best connection, Corner connectors would save you soldering but may cause problems with intermittent bad connections so its really down to your skillz and confidence

Defo check other peoples setups :thumbup:

• yeah go that way :LOL: show it how much you love it and get it a fuse too :bigsmile:

Think there's been a few posts on PSU's recently, think the laptop brick style have been a hit or miss, best to go for a decent Switching Supply to avoid any random power issues down the line, Have a look in the forum but i think Meanwell has been mentioned a good few times.

You can install Hyperion and input the amount of LED's and it will give you a Max size of PSU you will need, If you go to the next size up from what it recommends, you'll know you have more than enough juice, always better to have too much than not enough as it will be more efficient hopefully giving a longer lifespan and cost less to run, You could even run the Pi off it too and add other things to it if you decide to take it up a notch later on.

hope that helps, looking forward to seeing your setup :pirate:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!