Hyperion.ng RPi3 refuses connection on IP:8099

• Hello, I have used Hyperion and it works great. I decided to test Hyperion.ng -- I created a fresh Raspbian-Lite image on RPi3 and installed/compiled Hyperion.ng per the Github instructions (https://github.com/hyperion-pr…ob/master/CompileHowto.md) via the install script.

When I try to access the RPi on the local network, it refuses connection on 192.168.X.XXX:8099 (the IP of RPi on LAN). I cannot determine whether Hyperion.ng is running. I do not see the same symlinks/file structure as Hyperion. Do I need to manually set symlinks and copy directories for Hyperion.ng like legacy installation (https://hyperion-project.org/wiki/2-Installation)?

Forgive my ignorance. I've spent hours searching the code and forums and am lost on how to proceed beyond the install in order to start the webUI/server for Hyperion.ng. Any help is appreciated.

• Thanks for your help. Do I run .ng manually from the default installation directory (/usr/local/share/hyperion)? What command / syntax do I actually run? I do not see any hyperiond service/executables. Maybe I am just using the wrong command?

• For example, the default install directory for Hyperion.ng is /usr/local/share/hyperion. hyperiond is located at /usr/local/share/hyperion/bin

Running the following command does not seem to work:

Code
    pi@raspberrypi:/usr/local/share/hyperion/bin $ hyperiond test.config.json[hyperiond MAIN] <WARNING> Create new config file (/home/pi/.hyperion/config/test.config.json)_

In the case above, after the warning output, nothing happens. It does not matter what config file (blank/default/etc) I use, there is no return.

If I copy the default hyperion.config.json.default to /home/pi/.hyperion/config/hyperion.config.json and then run:

Code
    root@raspberrypi:~/.hyperion/config# /usr/local/share/hyperion/bin/hyperiond hyperion.config.json_

Then there are no warnings, and nothing happens. No response in terminal.

I do not see anything in the wiki or forum about starting Hyperion.ng other than through with method above. I know many people run Hyperion.ng on RPi -- what am I doing wrong? :-/

• SUCCESS! The issue was discovered by running "--debug". I discovered that the RPi configured Hyperion to run on port *8090* (not 8099, or 8094 as I have seen in other threads).

Code
    pi@raspberrypi:/usr/local/share/hyperion/bin$ hyperiond hyperion.config.json --debug
    [hyperiond Core] <DEBUG> <Hyperion.cpp:537:bonjourRecordResolved()> found hyperion session: raspberrypi.local.:8090
    _

When I accessed the URL (either direct IP 192.168.X.XXX:8090 or raspberrypi.local:8090) I was able to access the Hyperion WebUI as expected. I'm not sure why it is running on port 8090. Maybe I misread the other posts, or maybe RPi just decided to use another port.

In any case, THANKS for your help!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!