Is RPI 4 + LibreELEC Possible?

• I should mention that the setup I had on the Pi3 was with the old hyperion using hypercon, not hyperion.ng and the web ui.

thats totally diffrent > you have now diffrent hardware and software so its a new installation >>> so we begin from the start.

did you update the whole library to make the GPIO's work?

if not then

sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade
    sudo apt-get install libraspberrypi-dev

• Its LibreELEC @jeroen warmerdam it is a linux distro but stripped back, bare minimum o/s to run Kodi and to keep footprint small, there is no package manager - apt is not installed, any packages required usually need to be compiled or installed in form of a kodi addon, LibreELEC do provide a lot of default packages bundled together for the Pi tho https://libreelec.wiki/installation/add-ons but im nearly 90% certain adding the SPI line to the config is enough to get the GPIO going, but maybe not and you could very well have solved his problem.

Try installing it by going to...
    Addons -> Install form Repository -> LibreELEC Addons -> Program Addons -> Raspberry Pi Tools

Install and reboot - see what happens

• Offizieller Beitrag

Also, when I go into hyperion dashboard the led device status is off.

What does the System-Log say?
    If the LED-Device is off you should find the reason there....

What happens when you enable the LED-Device via the Remote Control again?
    Can you share the log after enabling the device?

• Its LibreELEC @jeroen warmerdam it is a linux distro but stripped back, bare minimum o/s to run Kodi and to keep footprint small, there is no package manager - apt is not installed, any packages required usually need to be compiled or installed in form of a kodi addon, LibreELEC do provide a lot of default packages bundled together for the Pi tho https://libreelec.wiki/installation/add-ons but im nearly 90% certain adding the SPI line to the config is enough to get the GPIO going, but maybe not and you could very well have solved his problem.

Try installing it by going to...
    Addons -> Install form Repository -> LibreELEC Addons -> Program Addons -> Raspberry Pi Tools

Install and reboot - see what happens

What does the System-Log say?
    If the LED-Device is off you should find the reason there....

What happens when you enable the LED-Device via the Remote Control again?
    Can you share the log after enabling the device?

I removed the Hyperion installation and reinstalled it. I also installed the Pi Tools on LibreELEC. Once I launch the WebUI for the first time the LED Device status is ON. Then I try inputting my hardware config and when I'm done the LED Device status goes off. Here's the log at this point:

When I try to turn it on manually it just goes off again and nothing more is logged.

• Code
    2021-02-13T16:53:59.613Z [hyperiond LEDDEVICE] (ERROR) Device disabled, device 'ws281x' signals error: 'Failed to open. Error message: Hardware revision is not supported'

That doesn't look good.

Do by any chance have the LibreELEC Hyperion Addon installed?

• Code
    2021-02-13T16:53:59.613Z [hyperiond LEDDEVICE] (ERROR) Device disabled, device 'ws281x' signals error: 'Failed to open. Error message: Hardware revision is not supported'

That doesn't look good.

Do by any chance have the LibreELEC Hyperion Addon installed?

I don't have it, no.

thanks mate, now i understand much more why things can not happen on this OS :thumbup:

i played with it before with this OS, but KODI didn't show any movies although it was the same build ( krypton) i believe than i had on my pc.

so after a few days played with it ( movies just weren't going to run) but the same kodi in my pc performed beautifully! then i decided quits :singing:

• Just a couple of updates on this thread, since I've been able to make this work even though hyperion.ng hasn't released alpha10 yet, so I had to do a workaround. What I did is get myself a NodeMCU controller, connected my LED strip to that and setup hyperion to work via udpraw. Basically hyperion on the RPi captures the screen and sends it via UDP to the NodeMCU which powers the LEDs. Works like a charm.

Only problem is that the current grabber which hyperion.ng uses on the RPi - DispmanX is broken on the RPi 4, and the team is on it developing a fix to this problem, which causes you to have limit the RPi Video output to Full HD (1080p) as well as the GUI to 1080p and 30Hz refresh rate in order to have a stable image.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!