Rpi3 + Arduino + libreELEC >> vendor preset: disabled

• Hi,
    I am new to Hyperion and all that, ran into it cause I tried to get a China Led/Arduino setup, I bought on Ebay,
    to work with Libreelec, on Rpi 3B, after watching a Youtube Tut from a guy with the same Hardware setup.
    First I tried with the old Kodi Addon (with favorites on of switch, like on Youtube-tut),
    then with Hyperion.ng, but nothing worked.
    The China preset-up are 180 x WS2812B LED's + Arduino klone, + digital video grabber
    (which isn't yet important, since I can't even get the signals send from the KODI platform).
    I have the Original-Adalight-Sketch witch the FastLED Library, Baudrate 500000 and Pin 6 enabled.
    There shouldn't be an issue with my LED configuration, it took a little, but I think I can rule that out,
    since I actually had them light up white, all together, and staying that way...
    until I turned the Rpi of.

When systemctl status hyperion.service --now
    First: dial out overwriting timeout text, niw I only get, [ vendor disabled ], Hyperion systemd service starts, but eventually nothing else happens.

Code
    ● hyperion.service - Hyperion ambient light systemd service
    Loaded: loaded (/storage/.config/system.d/hyperion.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
    Active: active (running) since Thu 2019-04-11 17:28:43 BST; 1 years 9 months ago
    Main PID: 520 (hyperiond)
    Memory: 57.8M
    CGroup: /system.slice/hyperion.service
    └─520 /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperiond --userdata /storage/hyperion/

Apr 11 17:28:43 LibreELEC systemd[1]: Started Hyperion ambient light systemd service

Also I bought another UNO R3 ATmega328P Board from Eckstein, since I assumed, the issue was with the Arduino, but it turned out the same basically, other then, the new one addresses the de/ttyAMA0 port, and the Uno China Klone uses ttyUSB0. ( I also tried setting, on the console, the Output path to auto, or depending to AMA0 or USB0 .....)

I tried installing the Raspbian-tool Addon, for KODI, to possibly activate the UART mini port, but did not find out how to run that really..

Also tried editing config.txt and cmdline.txt via ssh

and also cmdline:

Code
    boot=LABEL=System disk=LABEL=Storage quiet

#dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=tty1 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootfstype=ext4 elevator=deadline fsck.repair=yes rootwait

port = serial.Serial("/dev/dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0

console=tty1 console=serial0(or ttyAMA0),115200 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootfstype=ext4 elevator=deadline fsck.repair=yes rootwait

so far I can tell that, the ttyUSB0 und AMA0 seems to active, from ls -l /dev/ttyUSB0 command...

But still vendor disabeld???

My Rainbow Swirl test also fails

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperion-remote -e "Rainbow Swirl" -a 192.168.1.36:8090
    hyperion-remote:
            Version   : 2.0.0-alpha.9 ((HEAD detached at 83338dc3) (Paulchen Panther-ca50487e/83338dc3-1605733041))
            build time: Nov 18 2020 21:59:22
    Connected to: "192.168.1.36:8090"
    Start effect  "Rainbow Swirl"
    Error while reading data from host

and I tried a setup with Hyperbian as well, but then could not access the http://ipofyourpi:8090

What did I get wrong? I seriously need some good advice on that, please!! :sickxx:

[Und ja, ich hatte den Thread schon mal als offene Kommunikation gestartet, und zwei Wochen mit mir selbst geredet, ja ich bin auch neu was Foren angeht...Bitte erst helfen dann lachen :crying:]

• ok in LibreELEC - the Hyperion Status was loaded, active and running, despite vendor preset: disabled - Everything looked good and you had a PID with amount of memory being used by Hyperion.

Ardruino Boards - If you are connecting them to the Pi via USB then you do not need the UART and can comment out the following lines

Code
    # dtparam=i2c1=on
    # nable_uart=1
    # dtoverlay=uart2

The Addons - Raspbian-tool Addon wont do any harm, but if you installed the old Hyperion addon, you need to remove that as It will not work with Hyperion NG and prevents it from working.

Personally I would get the Pi back to that state - Connect the data line from the WS2812B directly to GPIO 18, head over to the WEBUI and set it up and test it, If it works then you know your LED'S are good and the problem lies within your Ardruino setup somewhere, Now you have a proper path to troubleshoot instead of the entire setup.

Hyperbian - If you couldn't access the GUI more info would of been required to get that working, but either way pick the o/s you want to use and go from there as you had different faults with each o/s.

Good Luck

• Ok, first of all thanks for the fast reply!
    I'll comment out those lines, off cause then. But am afraid it won't be possible to test the LEDs like that now,
    I haven't bought any GPIO Pin cables yet, since I was not sure if or how to detach the LEDs from the power plugs that are attached n all that.
    But I also got the feeling its not the LEDs that are root cause, since I did have them all together light up for a while already...
    And as long as I don't get Hyperion NG to really talk to Arduino, I think it does not matter..?

• ok forget that, so can you get to http://192.168.1.36:8090 when running LibreELEC?

Also if your using Hyperion NG, you need to uninstall the older Hyperion kodi addon, If it is installed remove it and reboot for good measure.

I have never tried the Ardruino with LibreELEC so not 100% on the steps to enable any of it and get it working, surely the Ardruino would show on

Code
    lsusb

If it does then go to the GUI and try Configuartion -> LED Hardware -> LED Controller - Controller type USB/SERIAL Adalight.
    LED Layout to define position of the LEDS, if thats not included in the sketch.

• Ok, thanks, i will try as well.
    But I also was thinking about, that it could have something to with LED being 60 per meter, rather then 30, becoming an Volt power issue somehow...

• no idea @luckyjacks you never really mentioned the LibreELEC setup in detail, If it was down to power not being sufficient and you were setup correctly i reckon you would see that reflect in the quality of the lighting but i suspect you have the old Hyperion addon installed while trying to setup Hyperion NG and or mixing old setup with the new setup.

• no idea @luckyjacks you never really mentioned the LibreELEC setup in detail, If it was down to power not being sufficient and you were setup correctly i reckon you would see that reflect in the quality of the lighting but i suspect you have the old Hyperion addon installed while trying to setup Hyperion NG and or mixing old setup with the new setup.

Ok, yes I had the old one installed most of the time, but always deactivated, when testing, but latly I always had the hyperion control running additionally,
    I deinstalled everything now, quoted, and rebooted..
    did the Isusb,

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # lsusb
    Bus 001 Device 005: ID 248a:8514 Maxxter
    Bus 001 Device 004: ID 1a86:7523 QinHeng Electronics HL-340 USB-Serial adapter
    Bus 001 Device 007: ID 534d:2109
    Bus 001 Device 006: ID 046d:c52b Logitech, Inc. Unifying Receiver
    Bus 001 Device 008: ID 0424:7800 Standard Microsystems Corp.
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:2514 Standard Microsystems Corp. USB 2.0 Hub
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:2514 Standard Microsystems Corp. USB 2.0 Hub
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

then status after when Iput the output path back to /dev/ttyUSB0:

the QinHeng Electronics HL-340 USB-Serial adapter, might be my arduino clone, that is connected for now..
    but no change, as far as I can tell..

• enable debug logging in the dashboard, restart the process and see what errors appear

my bad, on my dashboard I had no path with controller set to usb/adalight, What controller are you using?

Maybe post some screens from your LED Hardware section so that others may be able to help

• enable debug logging in the dashboard, restart the process and see what errors appear

my bad, on my dashboard I had no path with controller set to usb/adalight, What controller are you using?

Maybe post some screens from your LED Hardware section so that others may be able to help

Controller type is adalight

Code
    2021-02-17T19:21:31.268Z [hyperiond WEBSOCKET] (DEBUG) (JsonAPI.cpp:1054:handleLoggingCommand()) log streaming activated for client ::ffff:192.168.1.41

looks like that, because I turned the platform capture on manually before that

• best thing you can do is post a proper debug log, without that no one may be able to help you - There should be more than 1 line, after you set it to debug.

Screenshots of the LED Layout are no help, same with getting the status of Hyperion as its already running!

• best thing you can do is post a proper debug log, without that no one may be able to help you - There should be more than 1 line, after you set it to debug.

Screenshots of the LED Layout are no help, same with getting the status of Hyperion as its already running!

Ok added the LED Controller Pics to the link
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/172g…17T21-01-27.087Z.png?dl=0
    this is so far everything from Debug, + the first debug was just these 2 lines, made me wonder 2

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try Baudrate = 115200, You can later increase, if this one works.
    Plus ensure that the Logs with LED-DEVICE are included in the logs.
    You might want to disable the LED-Device via the "Remote Control" Screen and enable it again.
    This restarts the Led-Device and you should have logs to share....

• ok i had to play along at home due to lack of info and shear curiosity got the better of me, plus i had the parts and never got round to testing it before.

Same thing happened for me, would not work and LED device kept turning its self off, checked the logs and noticed it was trying to access the wrong usb device.

quick google and got a nice script someone came up with to list all devices like /dev/ttyUSB0 then it lit up straight away on default sketch with no delay.

• Try Baudrate = 115200, You can later increase, if this one works.
    Plus ensure that the Logs with LED-DEVICE are included in the logs.
    You might want to disable the LED-Device via the "Remote Control" Screen and enable it again.
    This restarts the Led-Device and you should have logs to share....

Ok, switched the Baudrate + turned of + on
    now seems to be a Log

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!