Package libcec4 is not installed.

• Hi,

new raspberry pi 4 owner, looking to install hyperion and home assistant on the pi, and thought Ubuntu(64) may be the best approach. However on installing Hyperion, I'm hitting

I've attempted several different routes to resolve, including the most recent attempt:

sudo dpkg -i /path/to/hyperion_file.deb
    sudo apt-get install -f

however still hitting the same issue:

Preparing to unpack .../Hyperion-2.0.0-alpha.9-Linux-aarch64.deb ...
    ---Hyperion ambient light preinst ---
    Unpacking hyperion (2.0.0) ...
    dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of hyperion:
    hyperion depends on libcec4; however:
    dpkg: error processing package hyperion (--install):
    dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    hyperion

To add, I've tried installing hassos.io, however the WS281X option, which is what my leds use, is not present. So if anyone has a solution to that, more than happy to go via that route.

If anyone could offer some advice on how to progress, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Tony

• Easiest method would of been Hyperbian then install home assistant but each to their own.

looks like your trying to install the wrong version (aarch64) im sure you should be the armv7, run this on your terminal to find out

Code
    uname --m

Whatever you get from that command is the .deb file you want to download from the release page, should go ok after that :thumbup:

• Hi Davieboy,

thanks for coming back, here's the output:

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ uname --m
    ubuntu@ubuntu:~$: command not found

so I tried:

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ uname --a
    Linux ubuntu 5.8.0-1006-raspi #9-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT Fri Oct 16 12:55:30 UTC 2020 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux
    ubuntu@ubuntu:~$

Thanks
    Tony

• Tbh @Tony P IMO a full blown Ubuntu 20.10 on aarch64 is a big resource hog and could be problematic as you can see just now, Quick way would be flash Hyperbian, setup the LEDS then install Home Assistant.

Alternative to get current working would be install the libcec package but the version 4 is not available on Groovy but you could try the ones below but I don't think it will work and you will definitely spend more time trying to fix this than if you flashed Hyperbian to a SD card.

Code
    sudo apt-get install libcec6
    sudo apt-get install libcec-dev

Good Luck

• Thanks @davieboy. My preferred option, is to install homeassistant OS, which has a hyperion add on, which can be installed. However I can't get that working with my led strip, as for some reason WS281x isn't available as an LED controller :(

I see there have been a few other people mention that they've had issues with this, and shown some errors from log files, however, no solution has been provided as yet, on the alpha v9.

The quickest option would be to buy some new leds, which meet the options we have available, but seem to be struggling to find the right leds on amazon/ebay etc.

Thanks for your help
    Tony

• Testing the suggested commands:

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install libcec6
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    libcec6 is already the newest version (6.0.2-1).
    libcec6 set to manually installed.
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install libcec-dev
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    libcec-dev is already the newest version (6.0.2-1).
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

unfortunately, doesn't look like this made any changes :(

• There's numerous workarounds @Tony P , the ubuntu 64 image you had earlier, is that the Home Assistant base o/s?

Have you tried flashing the Hassios then installing Hyperion the .deb way?

Im not clued up on the whole Home assistant setup or addons, but im quite sure if you get the Hyperion server setup and home assistant server setup you wont need the addon as you can add commands for HA to control Hyperion

If all else fails you have Docker providing you only use the features specific to the Container install https://www.home-assistant.io/…pare-installation-methods

• Hi @davieboy,

problem solved - found the missing led controller drivers this time round. Installed Home Assistant using the 32bit version, which enables the GPIO. Added the custom repository from https://github.com/bradsjm/hassio-addons, and installed the add on, and then this shows the missing WS281X led controller. So now have home assistant (hassos.io) installed with the hyperion add on. Hopefully when I get chance to test it, this will all work fine!

Now just need to set up numerous other add ons to get details that I'm looking to implement.

Thanks for your help
    Tony

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!