Tried hyperion in 2017, stopped and now starting from scratch, need guidance

• Jeroen,

I've got 1 last question for the moment. I also prefer a setup as simple as possible, so last time I cut the led in 4 pieces and this time I was hoping to not cut it (need to make a choice then about the corners, I know). But I'm afraid the current might not be strong enough to reach the last leds. Is that a matter of a strong enough psu or can I connect 5v to start AND the end of the strip? I don't understand how that could work having 5v on both ends (and I thought the ledstrip has a 1-way direction but maybe that's only for the data line?). This is what I understand you did:

soldering is very minimalistic and because the ledstrip is only shortened 20leds chance of mallfunction is very low. where i made the cut i roughen up the solder on +5v and GND and connected this also on PSU.
    so powered from both sides.

I am not an electrician so I don't understand how 5v to both ends would work. For me that sounds like no voltage difference so no current.

• Is that a matter of a strong enough psu or can I connect 5v to start AND the end of the strip?

Connect 5volts and GND at both sides/ begin and the end, only when LEDstrip is in one piece this is the easiest thing to do.
    You do this also to even out the current that will flow through the leds, resistors not necessary then... when you cut up the LEDstrip in 4 then power with 5volts line from only one side if LEDs is not exceeding for instance 60 leds. Data and clock is always one direction. When you only power from one side and exceeding 200 LEDs/pixels then chance is there because of high current will flow to first LEDs and will die eventually....

With DC you can power from both sides, current will always flow to GND so on same strip with same 5volts line it's no problem as long if GND is common to PSU/LEDstrip.

That means in the end every current has to flow back to GND, if it can not then you get a potential difference and problems will occur

• Two weeks ago I got an emergency eye operation, everything will hopefully be allright but at the moment I can't see properly with 1 eye which will take some weeks. Will report about progress regarding hardware asap, but it won't be soon.

Thanks for all the help.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!