Lights stay off, WS2812B controlled by Arduino nano clone, RPi Zero W, USB capture

• Hello,

I bought everything that was needed for this project. I followed the instructions from this video:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

I triple-checked the connections, made sure there is a common ground between the Arduino and the RPi and the connection seems to be fine.
    My problem is weird:
    1. When I turn on the RPi, after few seconds, I can go on the 8090 port and see that the Hyperion is running.
    2. I click on live TV and I see my current screen, which means the card is capturing.
    3. When I go to settings and change the RGB order, the LEDs change to red then green then blue, which means that there is a communication between the Arduino and RPi.

However, from what I have seen, when the Hyperion software starts running, there should be an indication that it is running -> displays rainbow effect or something like that. I don't see that. Instead, I see the LED's change from red to green then blue, and turn off.

My conclusion is that the Arduino runs the program when it is plugged in, the RPi is running the software and capturing correctly, but for some reason there is either no communication between the RPi and the Arduino (maybe, but at the same time it reacts when I change the RGB order). I tried changing the baud rate, but for some reason when I select adalight controller , the latest hyperbian version doesn't ask for a baud rate and I cannot enter it.

If someone has any ideas at all please respond here it will be very appreciated.
    (My connection is exactly like on the video with few differences ( power supply 5V 15A, 226 LEDs).
    I tried with a baud rate of 500000.

• Hi, Jeroen thank you I tried that and I was able to change the baud rate. However, that did not solve the problem. Do you have any idea what else could the possible problem be?

• You can alter this in expert mode on WebUI localIP:8090

On main page,
    Press the right top sprocket and log in as expert, then you can alter the baud speed setting

Hi, Jeroen thank you I tried that and I was able to change the baud rate. However, that did not solve the problem. Do you have any idea what else could the possible problem be?

• enable debug in the log section, toggle the leds on and off via the remote control tab then try it again, go back to logs and see what's there, hopefully you will find an error in the log :thumbup:

thank you for the quick reply :bigsmile: I will try tomorrow and hopefully find the error.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!