ESP32 SK9822 Rpi3b+ Pinout...

• Hi Guys!

Im at a total loss at the moment and I need some help. I have a strip of SK9822 Leds (60 leds total) and an ESP32 NodeMCU. I have the ESP32 telling me that its receiving live Hyperion data from the correct IP address but for some reason, my lights will not work. They work 100% when I connect them to the pi 3b+ directly using the corresponding clock/data pins but not with the ESP32. I attached a pic of my setup and I'm hoping someone will see something I am missing.

I have both hyperbian and the esp32 set to 60 leds, BGR, and the capture device is working. I tried both wled and udpraw controller types and nothing works.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

• is that not because the ESP32 runs at 3.3v and the LEDs require a signal closer to 5v?, going by what I've saw in the forum people usually put in a level shifter to increase that 3.3 to 5v.

Gives you something to lookup while someone who knows answers :LOL:

• Lol Thanks!

Yes, the ESP runs at 3.3V but it’s independently powered by a separate micro-USB cable and power supply. The power for the leds comes from a second 5v power supply and they share a ground with the ESP32.

I can swap out the ESP32 for the raspberry Pi itself and run the setup the same way (separate power supplies) and it runs well with the exception of a slight delay in the signal. That should be able to be fixed later on by tweaking my settings accordingly.

have also tried flashing the ESP32 with both the standard binary and the apa102 binary (sk9822 are similar) but no change.

I’m new to this so I’m only going off what I’ve read so far. Thanks a lot for the info!

• Why do you connect to pins GPIO23 and 18? They are marked as standard SPI pins, but since ESP32 has GPIO Matrix, SW might configure to use other GPIOs.

According to WLED docs GPIO2 for Data and GPIO0 for CLK must be used (I use D1 mini, no experience with ESP32 and WLED).

For stable work you also should use LevelShifter, and for protection resistances.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!