Adjust Camera in Hyperion - Color - Help required

• Using python3 I was able to launch calibrate_camera.py, unfortunately it fails with the following message:

pi@raspberrypi:~/HyperVision $ python3 calibrate_camera.py

[ WARN:0] global ../modules/videoio/src/cap_gstreamer.cpp (1824) handleMessage OpenCV | GStreamer warning: Embedded video playback halted; module v4l2src0 reported: Internal data stream error.

[ WARN:0] global ../modules/videoio/src/cap_gstreamer.cpp (914) open OpenCV | GStreamer warning: unable to start pipeline

[ WARN:0] global ../modules/videoio/src/cap_gstreamer.cpp (501) isPipelinePlaying OpenCV | GStreamer warning: GStreamer: pipeline have not been created

[ WARN:1] global ../modules/videoio/src/cap_v4l.cpp (1004) tryIoctl VIDEOIO(V4L2:/dev/video0): select() timeout.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von spikked28 () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by spikked28 into this post.

• dinvlad finally got everything running and was able to calibrate the camera, when I go to calibrate the screen the preview window is blank (not a big deal) but then the outputted image doesn't show any LED positions and Hyperion isn't updated in any way, any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

• dinvlad it was but it cropped out the top portion for some reason, I've been experimenting with different cameras (this one was a arducam V2 fisheye) and it seems to work better with a straight connection to the camera port (instead of through the arducam V2 board like I tried here), best results I've gotten so far have skewed LED positions that I can't seem to figured out why

• Hi guys. How do you deal with different refresh rates of the content on the TV? if the camera records at 50hz and the tv content is running at 60hz, don't you experience some sort of flickering? Is it possible to set a camera in hyperion with a varibale refresh rate?

• this thread is fantastic. I'm reading the problem that @prth was suggesting about where a camera could be located and what camera to choose and I read the response by dinvlad about using a fisheye lens with a camera to get something that might sit below a TV to get a very-short throw kind of image capture. I'm curious if the recommendation about picam+fisheye? Is this still the best way to get this to work smoothly?

I have planned to throw a camera behind the soundbar to look straight up, front-of-the-theatre style. I've got a 77" TV and about 18 inches of 12 inches of distsance I can give this camera. I've also seriously debated puttin something on top of the TV (govee style), but I'm not certain that will look particularly nice, especially if I'm throwing some PCB-exposed hardware at this. :)

What cameras have you used successfully for this?

And I know. Those wires. One project at a time.

• I really d'ont ses fickering, i think my camera is set to 60Hz. But it record only @20fps (using pi zero, it save horsepower). flicker a probably between frames :D

Could you please try to play a 50hz or 24hz video in youtube or whatever and share whether it flickers or not?

I'd very much appreciate

• Hi everyone
    I've read through this thread and want to try this myself. However rpi's are in short supply and I've installed Hyperion on an old Win10 x64 machine. Does anyone know if these python scripts and all the steps given in these posts can be run on a Windows 10 machine with Python installed?
    Thanks for any help.
    paul

• The windows machine is just a stop gap until I can get an RPI to replace it but thank you for the reply.

I can update this thread and say that it does indeed work on Windows having downloaded and installed Python3. I did have to modify the script calibrate_screen.py on line 215 to the following:

# contours.sort(key=cv2.contourArea) - Original line, .sort method not available on tuples

contours = tuple(sorted(contours, key=cv2.contourArea))

• Dear all,

I really love the efforts you have done to do that project! I did it with a Logitech C270 before and now I equipped the camera with a fisheye lens. Therefore I wanted to use the script made by dinvlad but unfortunately it is not working for me. If I am honest, I am beginner with Linux programming and hope you can help me. I also tried it with the -cm fisheye option but it did not change the result.

• Undervoltage detected!

Try:

sudo nano /boot/config.txt

max_usb_current=1

Then save and close the file: Ctrl + O, Return, Ctrl + X.

For the boot parameter to take effect, the system must be restarted.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• Thank you for the quick reply, pclin!

I changed to another power supply with more power, now the undervoltage is not an issue anymore.

Nevertheless I still get the error unable to init server. Could not connect. Connection refused. Did anyone else got that error?

• Sorry for writing that late. Yes, I was able to fix that issue. The problem is that opencv was changed for processing the image data approx. 1 and a half year ago. Therefore the tuple object in the script of dinvlad is not working with newer opencv versions. Unfortunately I do not know right now, which was the last working opencv version. You can try the version of April last year, it should work with that.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!