Use Govee dreamcolour with Hyperion

• I know i can source the various different parts, but I'm struggling to find a good certified power supply. I don't want to use a generic china PSU from Amazon or eBay and don't really want to pay Hue prices.

Can the Govee dreamcolour kits work with Hyperion? I'm hoping i can just cut the date line and add a common ground.

If not are there any other kits that would work?

• It depends on how many LEDs you want to run. For instance, each WS2812B LED can draw a max of 0.06A. So even 150 LEDs could draw up to 9 amps. If you figure out a rough estimate on how many (and what type of) LEDs you'll have, you'll be able to get a better idea of what power supply you should be looking at.

• It looks like those are 4 pin, so you'd need clock and data. I'm not sure what type of timing they have or if they'd work with hyperion out of the box. I'm not even positive that they're individually addressable. If you end up going with 5V neopixels, I'd recommend something like this That will handle 150 LEDs + the pi no problem, and it'll be more reliable than any power brick.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!