New Hyperion project - diy hue sync for ceiling lights

• Hi!

I am planning to start a project similar to this linked youtube video. I require some help in understanding whether RGB ceiling lights (I am thinking of RGBW GU10 Bulbs from Zemismart or Shelly for these) can somehow display a signal sent by hyperion.

Till now I have a couple of WS2812b LED strips running WLED without any issue, however I have so far failed to make GU10 bulbs work. Did anyone here manage to have a setup that incorporates gu10 bulbs? And if yes, what type of integration should I be looking at? Is it better to have an E1.31 firmware on it?

Thank you!

• Hello, friend. Any advancements on this? I'm also looking for a solution.

You mentioned you have "a couple" of strips running WLED. Are they connected to the same Hyperion and output the same content? On what hardware are you running it? I want to run a strip behind the TV and another strip around the walls of the living room.

Similar to this picture:

Plus some GU-10s over the couch.

Looks like we are both stuck at making the GU-10s work, but you seem to have solved the "multiple strips" doubts I had. Do you mind sharing your setup?

Thanks a lot! Cheers

• Hi!

You can make use of different instances in hyperion. Go to Configuration > General > LED Hardware Instance Management. You can set up multiple instances in that box, after which point a new icon should appear in your menu bar to allow you to switch between the different instances you have configured.

• I am trying to use the Yeelight RGB W1 GU10 Bulb's (yeelink.light.colorc) without success. Hyperion cannot automatically detect them through the wizzard, it can see the lights when I manually enter the IP address. The "Identify" option works as well but the Led Output is disable as soon as I try to manually give them a random effect or use them for the output of my screengrabber.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!