Installation on LG GX with a dark / black wall. Suggestions or ideas?

• Hey everyone,
    I have an LG GX which sits flush to the wall.

The wall is painted black, with those chalk board like paints. So matte black?

Yesterday I realized i had all the parts laying around to create an ambilight set up.

So i hooked up a 60led/m ws2812B strip to an RPi, along with a webcam and a 18a power supply and started tinkering.

After a lot of tinkering (since the links to the website dont seem to load) i managed to get it to work. Still needs some calibrating but it goes ok.

I still have not taped the led strips to the back of the TV so I'm thinking about the next step.

Main question is about the dark wall behind the TV. I like the fact that the tv disappears when off.

Has anyone tried or seen any video of ambilight against a black wall? how does it look?

Should i go ahead? should i forget it? should i change the color of the wall?

Secondly, has anyone installed led strips to an LG GX and has any helpful info to provide?

Thank you in advance.

• krasatos

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Installation on LG GX with a dark / black wall. Suggestions or examples ideas?“ zu „Installation on LG GX with a dark / black wall. Suggestions or ideas?“ geändert.
  • Black is bad, reflects almost no light. You could mount the TV on a light wooden wall so that the effects of the LEDs can be better seen.

It's just a suggestion...

Grüße aus Österreich / Greetings from Austria !

- Don't wanna miss it anymore !

• Completed the build against the black wall. I think the amount of light is perfect :)

Wouldn't want something brighter.

I'll upload some vids as soon as I figure out how to calibrate the usb camera.

Is there a guide on how to do it? Do I just set it and randomly change the pixels crop?

I saw somewhere a picture where you can set a trapezoid to match the frame of your TV in the stream. How can I do that? I can't figure it out.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!