Ambilight - first try and exter Grabber does not work

• Hello @ all,

i installed my ambilgiht yesterday and did everything i need to do. The Hyperion HyperCon Configuration works with the intern Grabber but i am not able to use it with the externel grabber. I bought a second one already, which should work - but nothing :(

Raspberry Pi 2B with Libreelec (9.2.6) and the Hyperion Software (V1.03.4).

Logilink Audio and Videograbber(VG0001A v.B2) - according to the info this one should work

HDMI2AV Converter (second one already because i thought maybe the first from China was faulty)

HDMI Splitter SGEYR 1x2Port 4K@60Hz, HDCP 2.2 4K HDR YUV4:4:4

Everything is connected as it should be. The HDMi Signal goes to my AVR and the Splitter is between TV IN and AVR Out, so everything connected to the AVR should send a signal to the grabber.

I ordered a Wisofox HDMI2USB Grabber already - but i will get it next week and i cannot wait to use the Ambilight.

If i use the internal Grabber and deactivate the external i see the rainbow light at the beginning. If the external Grabber is activated i do not get it.

If i check the log in Hypercon i get a error at the end according the Grabber:

ssh in: BLACKBORDER INFO: threshold set to 0.15 (39)

ssh in: BLACKBORDER INFO: mode:default

ssh in: started

ssh in: INFO: Json server created and started on port 19444

ssh in: INFO: Proto server created and started on port 19445

ssh in: DISPMANXGRABBER INFO: Display opened with resolution: 1920x1080

ssh in: BLACKBORDER INFO: threshold set to 0.15 (39)

ssh in: BLACKBORDER INFO: mode:default

ssh in: INFO: Frame grabber created and started

ssh in: V4L2GRABBER INFO: width=640 height=480

ssh in: terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'

ssh in: what(): V4L2GRABBER ERROR: Only pixel formats UYVY, YUYV, and RGB32 are supported ERROR

ssh in: Aborted

But i do not know how to solve the problem :( Maybe someone can help....

Thank you :)

• Thank mates - changing software with app acces / dashboard solved the problem.

Is it Hyperion Version 2.0.0-alpha.9? Thats what i am using now.

On the RPi is Hyperbian installed.

At the moment it works almost perfect.

Only problems with dark grey - looks a bit greenish and the leds are flickering. Tried to change green gamma a bit, but sometimes they still flicker. I ordered Wisofox - should be here today and going to change and test it.

Another problem i have at the moment is, that i am missing CEC and ARC.

I have the splitter between the TV and AVR. I found the feintech vsp01222 - according to it, this one should have both functions available. I am missing CEC most, but ARC would be also great.

Another problem - maybe someone using the ambilight also during gaming. If the ambilight is connected and i am gaming it seems, that the game "runs" a bit slower. If i unplug the splitter and connect the HDMi directly to the AVR the problem seems solved. So it looks like there is a problem in the "system" - probably the splitter? anyone knows this issue?

• I too have the issue where dark gray is green and flickering. Unfortunately I don't have a solution for you.

However, I have a feeling your CEC, ARC, and game lag are most likely caused by your splitter. I run a HDFury Diva and couldn't be happier. Bit pricey, but you get what you pay for.

Let me know if your Wisofox resolved your dark gray/green issue.

• Only problems with dark grey - looks a bit greenish and the leds are flickering

that's normal, where there is no colours or very dark the software tends to fill that with green. Because the frames is constantly changing and Hyperion steering the leds with every ledupdate you get this flickering.

I have the APA102 setup and i have the same thing but you can alter the settings so this behaviour is only like 10% of the time.

i make a few screen shots for you ( note i don't have 2.09 but the first one 1.00 of Hyperion.NG) so settings may differ to yours.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!