LOOP capturing devices purchased from Amazon or Ali Express >> how to set up in Hyperion.NG? problem of re-apearing all the time in remote section/drivers, Only Raspi NOT Windows pc

• Do you think that rpi 4 would recognize hdmi to usb cable? It is compatible with Linux

maybe, i don't have PI4 so can't say. Most USB capturing devices are detected and recognized by Hyperion.NG

its HDMI to USB so chance is that it'll work. :thumbup:

when u have it, stick it in the PI and give a command in terminal,

lsusb

if the device is in there you'll see it, probably will be recogized also then by Hyperion.NG

• hi folks,

i also got one of the devices as in the picture in the first post, and i'm struggling to get it to work on rpi0. when i plug it in, nothing shows up in lsusb, dmesg; here is the output from v4l2-ctl:

So it doesn't seem to be recognized. Same behavior when i plug it in to my laptop running ubuntu 20.04. i've also tried a windows box, and there i have no issues - everything works like a charm, so i'm confident that the device itself is working properly.

Any suggestions how to get it to run on Linux, or is there no hope?

• Thanks a lot for a quick response, appreciate it! I tried as you suggested, i.e. increased the usb power and upgraded, but the result is the same. i'm wondering whether this could be a cable issue, at least something should be showing up in dmesg when i plug it in, right?

• at least something should be showing up in dmesg when i plug it in, right?

yes you can try this>> in terminal/ssh with screen connected or VNC activated

sudo apt-get install mplayer

then,

sudo mplayer tv:// -tv device=/dev/video0 -hardframedrop

if the capturing device is working then u should see ( if its device 0 ) the capturing image :)

• Thank you! I had the issue for a couple of weeks with loosing the usb capture and max_usb_current=1 did the trick !

At least for now. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• finally got my card to work - it was indeed an issue with the cable. tried every single cable that i could find and eventually the device was recognized. after some tinkering with the settings everything works now. thanks for the help!

• Hi,

hi folks,

i also got one of the devices as in the picture in the first post, and i'm struggling to get it to work on rpi0. when i plug it in, nothing shows up in lsusb, dmesg; here is the output from v4l2-ctl:
    Code $ v4l2-ctl --list-devices bcm2835-codec-decode (platform:bcm2835-codec): /dev/video10 /dev/video11 /dev/video12 bcm2835-isp (platform:bcm2835-isp): /dev/video13 /dev/video14 /dev/video15 /dev/video16 Cannot open device /dev/video0, exiting. Alles anzeigen

So it doesn't seem to be recognized. Same behavior when i plug it in to my laptop running ubuntu 20.04. i've also tried a windows box, and there i have no issues - everything works like a charm, so i'm confident that the device itself is working properly.

Any suggestions how to get it to run on Linux, or is there no hope?

I was struggeling with the same issue, but here is how I fixed it a minute ago, at least for now:

Hardware:

WS2801

RasPi 3b with Hyperbian

HDMI2USB Capture Card with Loop (https://de.aliexpress.com/item…042311.0.0.63294c4d3bN53r)

To fix the problem, I found help on this site https://www.pcwelt.de/ratgeber…ry-Pi-selbst-9824929.html (sorry, it is in german)...

In brief, I checked for proper firmware with apt-cache search firmware, providing me with a long list of different peripherals. In this list, I found the firmware hdmi2usb-mode-switch, which I installed via apt-get install hdmi2usb-mode-switch. Having that done, I was able to find my usb streaming card via lsusb etc. and after a reboot also hyperion recognized it as a possible usb input device. Finally, I followed the steps mentioned in the initial post, which brought my ambilight to life.

I hope this solution will work more than 5 minutes...

Cheers

• So now I have this video capture device with loop and it is not easy.

First I had to run Hyperion as root. Then my device was not found by the system until I called it /dev/video14

Then I'd like to follow your advice, but I can't enter Camera1 under input. Only figures fit in.

I have 15 fps, but what device resolution do you advise for a start?

• As I said, I can't enter Camera 1 under 'input'. And I wonder if it's a harware problem, because the capture device is supposed to return some value to hyperion?

When I click on input > automatic , I have -1 for default, which I can replace with a figure but no letters.

I'd like to find another usb cable before I come to the conclusion the capture device is faulty. What do you think?

• Hello everybody, How are you?

I hope so.

I'm from Brazil (Brazil), and I don't speak English, forgive me.

I have several 4K devices here, such as Playstation 5, Xbox Series X, FireTV 4K, Mi Box TV, Nintendo Swith, Xbox 360, Cable TV Receiver (Claro NET).

I have a Raspberry PI 3B, with a 32GB MicroSD card with RaspiOS Buster installed and the latest version of Hyperion.NG installed "Hyperion 2.0.0-alpha.10" Linux-armv7l ....

Use the following 3.0 capture card:

https://pt.aliexpress.com/item…042311.0.0.2742b90abtjVEO

My LEDs are these here:

https://pt.aliexpress.com/item…042311.0.0.2742b90ajvzAER

It is a Kit 4M 60 LEDS per meter - EU PLUG.

I'm using this kit installed as Adalight on the USB port in Hyperion.NG, and the LEDs work perfectly.

I'm using the following connection:

A - 4K devices connected via HDMI on the capture card (HDMI input)

B - HDMI output from the Capture card plugged in without the TV's HDMI.

C - USB3.0 port of the capture card plugged into Raspi 3B (I know the USB output of RASP is only 2.0, but I've seen it in several tutorials on the internet working smoothly)

My problem is getting the image on the capture card, where it sometimes works normally, when I restart I see this same screen:

adliberum-fear-the-white-noise.mp4.jpg

I've already made the settings mentioned above:

I've also done the configuration in /boot/config.txt:

#uncomment to overclock the arm. 700 MHz is the default.

arm_freq=900

force_turbo=1

max_usb_current=1

max_usb_current=1

It works, but the same way as before, when restarting, it stops working.

I didn't want to buy a Raspi 4, because here in Brazil it costs almost 1 minimum wage here.

1 - Does anyone have any other suggestions?

2 - And if, as a last option, I choose to buy an RPI4 4GB, can I use the same materials I already have? (Capture board and LED Kit)?

3 - I have another scenario, which has the same equipment, with the same devices, and also an RPi3 B, but the TV is 1080p, could you recommend a capture card that works without problems in this scenario?

Thank you very much

• hi!

it seems that you have to update the library/drivers of Raspi.

first.

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get upgrade

these commands will push the new updates to your machine> when connected to internet ofcourse

for the rest what to do, let me have a look

try this

apt-get install hdmi2usb-mode-switch

if that doesn't work, SSH or terminal

apt-cache search firmware

find these 2

1. hdmi2usb-fx2-firmware - FX2 firmware for hdmi2usb board development
    2. fxload - Firmware download to EZ-USB devices

and execute them

• I think the picture in post # 36 shows an HDCP problem.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• Hello, how is everything ?

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I had already tested these options, but I just sudo to update && sudo to update -y && sudo to install hdmi2usb-mode-switch, I sudo restarted and that was it, but it still didn't work.

But I didn't exist dispelled certain firmwares below:

hdmi2usb-fx2-firmware - FX2 firmware for hdmi2usb board development
    fxload - Firmware download to EZ-USB devices

1 - Sorry for the question, and for my ignorance and lack of information, but what would be the command to run one of these firmwares?

2 - Also, if I come to exchange the installed RaspiOS Buster and the last version of Hyperion.NG installed, for Hyperbian, would I have to do this procedure of running a firmware too?

I think the picture in post # 36 shows an HDCP problem.

It's strange to be a HDCP problem, because as I said before, it works fine, then when it restarts, it stops working .... then I have to make several adjustments and restart about 5x, then it starts working again.

Not to mention that a capture card shows that it's HDCP 2.2

But if that is really the problem, what would be the capture card with HDCP 2.2 EDID available on Aliexpress, Bangood or Gearbest, (or one that delivers here in BR) you indicators for my scenario?

• Sorry for the question, and for my ignorance and lack of information, but what would be the command to run one of these firmwares?

apt-get install (name of firmware here)

Also, if I come to exchange the installed RaspiOS Buster and the last version of Hyperion.NG installed, for Hyperbian, would I have to do this procedure of running a firmware too?

its possible your capture card is not recognized because of missing drivers/library.

you can in terminal

dmesg and / or

lsusb

it has to show the capture card

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!