Discussion: Hyperion no solder Tutorial

• Hello, first of all, thank you for the great tutorial!
    I followed this guide and have fully working 'raspbilight', except one problem:

I've added simply on/off switch on power supply wire, to easy power on/off led stripe.
    This switch breaks one of two wires incoming to power supply.

My RPi powered from TV USB port and HDMI always connected. TV in stand by mode (powered off via button on remote). Led ws2801, PS 10A, RPi 3b+, TV LG 49"

The problem is, when I power off the led stripe, random - one or two leds, start randomly blink/flick every 1-2 minute. Looks like led stripe recieving small amount of power somewhere, and trying to power on.

What i've tried:
    1) Disconnected led power supply plug - no blinking
    2) Connected power supply plug + switch in OFF position + disconnected RPi USB and HDMi cables from TV - no blinking
    3) Connected power supply plug + switch in OFF position + connected USB OR HDMI (both, or by one) - blinking

Could it be power leaking from TV hdmi/usb through RPi to power stripe?
    Should I add 300-500Ohm resistor to DI cable as it described on PWM guide (https://hyperion-project.org/wiki/3-Wire-PWM)?

I've added capacitor (6.3V/1000µF) to wires (5V/GND) on power supply output, it didn't help.

• Please leave all thoughts/problems/suggestions here.

Greetings,

Few years ago I made this media-center+ambilight using tutorial from https://hyperion-project.org/t…mbilight-no-soldering.77/ . Everything was working like a charm ever since,until few weeks back raspberry had an update after which it was unable to boot. Long story short, I formatted the SD, and again with the help of the aforementioned tutorial installed osmc, installed hyperion (i think) but the ambilight doesn't work at all.

Below is the script from SSH traffic, I read some errors, but wouldn't know what they mean if my life depended on it. Also as osmc boots,there is a short notice which reads :
    "Failed to start Hyperion Systemd service. See 'systemctl status hyperion.service' for details. "

PLEASE,if anyone can help me sort this out.
    I've been banging my head searching the internet and reading (to me) ungraspable forums on this failure to start hyperion. I have absolutely no knowledge of programming or Linux or whatever this is. Could somebody please tell me what the problem here is and is there a simple way to fix it?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!