LED's Flickering every 10-30s

• Hello everybody,

I installed Hyperion last weekend and since yesterday I've had some issues.

All the LED's are flickering every 10 to 30 seconds, colors are accurate.

I'm an absolute Amateur, looking through the forum, I figured it may be a grounding issue. But I have no clue how to fix it.

Here's my Setup:

• Raspberry Pi Zero W with HyperBian
    • HAILI 150W - 30A/5V Power Supply ()
    • LogiLink USB-Grabber ()
    • Musou HDMI to 3RCA Converter ()
    • FeinTech HDMI Splitter with Down Scaler ()
    • RavPower 6-Port USB Power Supply ()
    • APA102 LED Strip, 60 LEDs/m - currently 160 LEDs in Use (AliExpress)

Attached you can find the wiring and my config file.

Hopefully its an easy fix.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you select a static color, do they flicker too? how long are the cables from the pi to the leds? which cable did you use? did you look in the live preview in webUI if there is a flickern too?

• you have a grounding problem

i think your problem is GND ( ground) related,

try to GND to your Raspi and leds and connect the Raspi to the same PSU and leave the powerbrick out of the story.

you have a lot of juice ( more then enough ) so you can power Raspi/leds/USB capture device from same PSU

or; connect a groundwire between the V- of PSU to your GND of your powerbrick :)

• If you select a static color, do they flicker too? how long are the cables from the pi to the leds? which cable did you use? did you look in the live preview in webUI if there is a flickern too?

yes, it is the same problem with a static color. The flickering doesn't appear on the UI. I'm using a standard LED Wire (), should be fine.

Thanks, I will adapt my setup. I don't know why i didn't think of powering everything with the PSU.

Hopefully this will fix everything.

• I had this issue a while back and had to change the settings on the cheap amazon capture card I had to set it very low under

Platform Capture

Like 80 width 45 hieght and 1o frequency. That stopped the problem for me.

• If the problem persists, use a shielded cable as short as possible and a level shifter.

Grüße aus Österreich / Greetings from Austria !

- Don't wanna miss it anymore !

• yes, it is the same problem with a static color. The flickering doesn't appear on the UI. I'm using a standard LED Wire (), should be fine.

Thanks, I will adapt my setup. I don't know why i didn't think of powering everything with the PSU.

Hopefully this will fix everything.

I am so sorry I was looking at the platform capture. When I fixed my problem it was the USB capture side under resolution. I dturned off automatic and set it to 720X 576 that stped my flickering.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!