4-LED-Strip Setup Help

• I'm new to Hyperion. Always used pre-built solutions so forgive my ignorance.

IDEA

Quality is more important to me than price. I have a full 4K HDR10 setup. I want to have 4 separate light strips that show the colors of my screen:

1. Your standard all-around the TV strips.
    2. Behind my TV stand that shows the bottom of the screen.
    3. Behind my left speaker showing the left of the screen.
    4. Behind my right speaker showing the right of the screen.

SETUP

Setup1.png

Setup2.png

HARDWARE

LED strips: BTF LIGHTING Individually Addressable Flexible Non waterproof

WLED: NodeMcu Internet Development Compatible Ar duino

HDMI Splitter: Splitter Extractor Distributor Support Blu ray

HDMI Capture Card: Tantrum Tow Ropes Streaming Recorder

Power supply: 5V - 40A

LED Strip Connectors: Connector Jumper Gapless Connectors WS2812B

QUESTIONS

1. Is my listed hardware acceptable & compatible? Any suggestions for better alternatives?
    2. Do I need a level shifter with this setup?
    3. Are there any issues with latency over WiFi? Can the D1 Mini be connected by USB cable to the Odroid instead of using WiFi? I prefer WiFi, but I'd like to have serial USB as a backup if there is congestion on my network (have a bunch of home automation stuff running). I do not want these 0.5s delays that I have with pre-built solutions.
    4. Is it possible to setup Hyperion with these 4 separate LED strips all displaying different parts of what comes in on the HDMI capture card? Does each Hyperion instance do its own video capture, or is there one capture and then each Hyperion instance just forwards commands to their own LEDs.
    5. How much processing does Hyperion take? Can I run Kodi and Hyperion (and maybe Hasssio as well) on the same N2+ without worrying about performance issues and Kodi becoming sluggish? Alternatively I have an old Rasberry Pi 1 lying around, will that do the job?
    6. Are there any heat issues if the LED strips are silicon-coated?
    7. What is better for ambient lights: cool, natural, or warm white?
    8. Anything I forgot?
  • 1, looks good - as you want quality id defo recommend a good splitter, capture cards are a hit or miss whichever way you look at them

2, No it should be ok without them but some need them and some dont.

3, I been impressed with the Wifi setup on mine, i was sceptical like you but it uses very little bandwidth so not a problem, and another thing i didn't realise is you can keep them on their own network to isolate them but it makes it harder to configure it via the webui as you need to connect to that network then do whatever controls you wanted to do, rather than just opening a browser on any device and putting in the ip

4, No idea

5, very little but would advise LibreELEC or coreelec build with Paulchen-Panther libreelec guide in tutorials section as any other kodi setups are not as buttery smooth but Hassio may be the obstacle in this as if you run a docker setup you cannot have the plugin feature, if you go down that route then youd need to do a standard install of kodi and they can be a bit sluggish imo - maybe flash a few before hand and see what you think.

6, Wouldnt think so as silicon can handle extreme heat

7, user preferance but saw a lot suggesting the Natural white

8, probably :D

I recorded some stats while testing mine out if there any use to you

https://hyperion-project.org/i…/3754-2-days-netdata-png/

https://hyperion-project.org/i…shot-20210319-013708-png/

Good Luck

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!