Hyperion crashes

• Hyperion crashes on my HTPC when stopping a movie/tv show or if it comes to an end.

I have an HTPC running Kodi and a Raspberry Pi 3 hooked up to the LEDs around the TV.

I run the hyperion ambilight addon on the HTPC. Pi 3 runs Libreelec and then the LED setup made with Hypercon.

The setup has worked great for years although I recently did some updates which may have cause the issue I now have although I can't work out what could be causing it.

Changes were:

replace the original Pi 1 driving the LEDs with a Pi 3. The Pi 1 crashed .... was using a USB stick to speed up the OS and that died so decided to upgrade to the Pi 3 as it was sitting around doing nothing.

the HTPC Kodi install became corrupted and so I had to do a reset of Libreelec and re-setup as well as an SSD replacing the original HD (Kodi was getting slow to boot).

If I stop a movie/tv show etc or it comes to an end then Hyperion crashes on the HTPC with an on screen popup. There is no communication to drive the LEDs from the HTPC to the Pi after the crash. I can reboot the HTPC and everything is good again until I stop the show or it comes to an end.

When hyperion crashes on the HTPC I can still use the Android phone app to communicate with the Pi and set LED colour etc. etc..

Here is the kodi.log entry after Hyperion crashes with its traceback from the HTPC:

2021-03-29 17:53:53.343 T:140156795352832 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--

- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!

Error Type: <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>

Error Contents: Hyperion server error:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.service.hyperion/addon.py", line 49, in <module>

next_state = state.execute()

File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.service.hyperion/resources/lib/state.py", line 92, in execute

self.clear_priority()

File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.service.hyperion/resources/lib/state.py", line 82, in clear_priority

self._hyperion.clear(self._settings.priority)

File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.service.hyperion/resources/lib/hyperion/Hyperion.py", line 111, in clear

self.__sendMessage(request)

File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.service.hyperion/resources/lib/hyperion/Hyperion.py", line 144, in __sendMessage

raise RuntimeError("Hyperion server error: " + reply.error)

RuntimeError: Hyperion server error:

-->End of Python script error report<--

2021-03-29 17:53:53.414 T:140156795352832 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(2, /storage/.kodi/addons/script.service.hyperion/addon.py): the python script "/storage/.kodi/a

If you want/need any other config or setup info I will quite happily pull it together.

Thanks for any and all pointers, cheers, Duncan

• Memory leak - sounds like now might be the time to remove the old setup and install the new version

hyperion-project.org/forum/index.php?thread/10463/

or even cleaner, reflash libreelec 9.2.6 and disable auto updates then use the install method above - very easy an less time consuming than troubleshooting the fault.

If you do use NG make sure you don't install any of the Hyperion addons as they are not required in new version and backup your /storage/.kodi folder to save you setting everything back up from scratch

Good Luck

• That is how I installec Hyperion on the Raspberry Pi which drives the LEDs.

It is the hyperion addon running on the HTPC which is crashing and I don't need the full hyperion install on that, only needs the addon.

• The HTPC had no GPIO in its first instance of life. And so I went for a Pi 1 to drive the LEDs.

The HTPC has had 2 new mobos (upgrades) since and may have a GPIO, I haven't actually checked, but I have the Pi all wired up to the LEDs and all has been fine until now with this crashing issue.

I first noticed the crashing with it playing Netflix at 1080p ..... not sure if different resolutions would have a different result but looking at the code where it crashes I wouldn't have thought so but will give it a shot.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!