Hypercon Setup broken - best solution for fixing it?

• Hi Guys,

unfortunately my long lasting friend, a 2017 OSMC Hypercon installation, died yesterday.

SD Card with OSMC and Hypercon got corrupted. After a new installation of same software - flickering of top and side Leds (only lower half, change brightness and color)

No Problem when using internal grabber. I guess the external grabber maybe broken (shows some white black noise waves in screenshot).

It looks like that the chip of a new Logilink grabber is different and doesn't work anymore with Hypercon.

Question: Is there a alternatve for that with the same chip? If NO, what would be the easiest way to bring my ambilight back to life?

Used Hardware:

Ambilight: RPi 3b+, WS2801 LEDs, , ,

4K Tv, FireTvStick 4k, non 4k AVR, non 4k BluRay Player

At the moment the Splitter has a non 4k "lane" form the AVR to Input1 and the 4k to Input2. Output 1 goes to the tv and output 2 gets downscaled to 1080p60 and via the "HDMI to AV" to the LogiLink grabber.

Thank you in advance,

Michael

• If you like to stay by the "old" Hypercon, look for Grabber with UTV007 chipset. They should work.

But the better option is change to Hyperion.NG and use a digital video capture card.

Grüße aus Österreich / Greetings from Austria !

- Don't wanna miss it anymore !

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Mike72 ()

• Thank you for the suggestions.

I will try a fresh installation with HyperionNG via Hyperberry.

I have already this grabber for my camera.

How can I check if this has one of the preferred chips?

• How can I check if this has one of the preferred chips?

Stick it in a Raspberry, go to the console and enter lsusb. You get more information about the chipset.

I think it's a MS2109, all same chinese stuff. :D

• Thanks for helping me.

The new HyperionNG system is working like a charm now.

I had to lower the capture resolution down to 720x576 for lower delay. The live-feed doesn't look the good now, but it seems that it doesn't disturb the ambilight funktion. So I guess it's ok.

One more question: In low light situations some leds are changing their colors quite rapidly. The old instalation had more like a "smooth and slow" changerate. I tried with the smothening settings, but It didn't really changed it.

• A resolution of 720x576 or 720x480 px are enough for Hyperion. My settings of this grabber are 1280x730 @ 30fps, but it's also depend of the Raspberry Pi. I'm using a 3A+ and normally the CPU usage goes to 30-35%.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!