Two strips to GPIO

• Hi, I just started creating my settings for my tv and I am super lost :(

I already have the raspberry 4 with hyperbian installed. I have two sk6812 led strips, the 1st strip begins at the bottom right (40 leds on the right side) and ends at the top (110 leds). 2nd starts at the bottom right (110 leds bottom) and ends at the left side (40 leds). I understand that in hyperion I have to create two led instances, but my question is and how do I connect it to the GPIO so that they act independently? Can multiple output pins be configured on the GPIO or should I use another connection method for my led strips ??

Thanks

• You want to bring power to each of the LED strips from your PSU (possibly the start and end of each strip), but the data wire should connect from the end of the first strip to the start of the second strip. This essentially gives you a single strip / hardware instance. Unless there is a specific reason you want them to work independently?

• Hello, this is the configuration that I currently have on my TV, I had the two strips connected to a dreamscreen 4k but it died and I would like to keep this configuration if possible. I would like to avoid having to buy new LEDs, take off or solder them. Would it be possible to keep this configuration of led strips?

• Hi, I just started creating my settings for my tv and I am super lost

what do you want to achieve with your led setup?

i don't get it at all,

A; you want on the same screen > two strips working indepently of eachother but follow same screen? [two diffrent instances/GPIO's]

B; you want on the same screen > two strips working together and data is daisychaned from begin to end. [only one instance/GPIO]

which one or is there a thirth?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!