Nanoleaf canvas can't connect?

• I just purchased 9 canvas panels. I'm trying to link them as an instance in hyperion (alpha 9) it's running on a pi zero w. I have LEDs on back of my TV arduino nano controller and they are working fine. I'm using a usb capture card. I try to setup a nanoleaf instance, put in my IP and token I got while panels where in pairing mode. Set count to 9. Put led layout a 9 across top. But I'm getting nothing from the panels....what am I doing wrong or missing.

Thanks!

• I'm not getting any error really. I put in the ip address and token of my nanoleaf panels. Created an instance for them but they don't respond or even seem to be linked. And now when I try to delete the instance created it immediately disconnects hyperion...it's really weird. Not sure what's wrong. I'll try and see if I can figure out how to get the log file from my phone

• Also how do I get auth token from nano leaf canvas...maybe I did that wrong. I used a code in SSH someone one gave me...maybe I'm doing it wrong. I used this:

curl -i -X POST 'http://192.168.0.45:16021/api/v1/new' --data " "

Is this correct method? I'm still learning all this stuff lol

• Offizieller Beitrag

David Thompson Command looks ok. You should even be able doing it without --data.
    Key is that you get a token back and not something like "HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden".

I'll try and see if I can figure out how to get the log file from my phone

The Hyperion log you find via System->Log in the Hyperion-UI

You need to take care that the number of LEDs do not exceed the number of Nanoleaf Panels.
    Nevertheless, you can have less LEDs configured via the layout that panels exist.

On alpha9 you might need to restart hyperion after saving the device and layout.

In case you are happy to install a development version you can install PR1154.
    There nanoleaf devices are discovered, identified (tested) with a given token and a default layout is created.

Note: After you get your device running in general, you might want to have your Nanoleaf panel-layout in sync. with the Hyperion layout. If you have not a standard/easy layout, using the textfield layout configuration gives you the ability mapping rectangles to screen areas. More details how to do the mappings you find in the docu.
    To give you an idea; here is my Nanoleaf layout (as I have the panels on the wall....)
    With such a configuration,effects e.g. the Nightrider will run correctly through all panels.

• How does yours show panels like that? Mine lays out the led blueprint as if it's the LEDs around the edge of the tv still. Matrix layout is not showing nano panels either? I'm gonna see if I can install the program you mentioned. Also...why can't I delete the nanoleaf instance I created? When I click delete it immediately disconnects from hyperion UI. Then sometimes I get an error and can't connect back to UI until I clear my internet cache. I've never had so much of a hard time connecting anything to hyperion...truly hate nanoleafs. They even lose connection with Alexa and there very own app freezes up frequently! Lol most expensive panels seem to be most troublesome ??‍♂️. Thanks for helping me I appreciate it...I bought these SOLELY for my hyperion setup.

• Offizieller Beitrag

How did you make yours?

I just used a logical matrix. I have 7 panels width and 5 height.
    Given that my panels overlap on the horizontal, I used a matrix of 14 x 5 segments.
    i.e. one horizontal segment is 1/14 while a vertical segment is 1/5.
    By that you can calculate the positions and have hmin/vmax and vmin/vmax.
    Then you just string those definitions together and paste it in the textfield (you must have Expert level on).
    Just press preview and you should get an idea how it will look like...

• David Thompson Sorry to dig up a super old threat. I am having the same exact issues with my Canvas panels as well. I also have the original Light Panels and they work flawlessly. I am not sure what the inconsistency is with the Canvas panels but it seems to be isolated to them. Also, did you ever figure out how to set up the LED Matrix to look like Lord-Grey setup?

Can you provide any pointers on how you set yours up? Lord-Grey

Mine looks like this

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!