Blackbar detector / detection NOT working

• Firstly, Great software! really impressed at how responsive it is when you get the settings right.

Got nearly everything set up / working. I am having some issues with getting my hue lights to work at the same time as wled strip (or remotely in sync) but I sort of think I prefer the effect with my hue light off anyway. (thought id mention in case anyone knows a quick fix but i don't care too much tbh)

Reason for my post is for some reason the blackbar detector just isn't doing anything, I've played with the settings a fair bit with 0 change.

Anyone got any ideas, not sure what I should attach that might be helpful for troubleshooting so let me know.

SK6812 Wled (ESP8266)

RP0 running hyperbian

(don't think its hardware related at all as it working perfectly when there are no blackbars / letterbox's )

Any help or pointers much appreciated :saint:

• TPmodding

Yeah, I've given all of them a try, also as a sanity check I've tried changing all the number settings like much higher to about 100 and much lower to 0. nothing has any effect (that I can notice) neither does activating /deactivating the detector.

Ambientheater77

Cheers, I actually already had the backlight threshold set to 1 for a different reason I can't remember.

Your working settings were very helpful though as I have changed everything so much I couldn't remember the default setting numbers

Also, I'm not being super dumb am I? when the detection is on and working it's meant to turn have LED's ON all-around the TV not just from sides (where the picture reaches the edge of the screen) right??

Just had a random thought I'm just misunderstanding how it's meant to work.

• I have the exact same issue. Wanted to switch from my Test instance to the standard instance.

The Test instance works well with the same settings but default is not working. Strange issue.

Does WLED has something to do with this?

JacksonR64 did you figured out how to get this working?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!